Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TCMA in MMA

Brian, it sound like they advocate alive training and cross training. I would say because of that they are completely legit. Getting a BB in BJJ is not an easy task either.

I'm not saying BJJ is the be all, end all of fighting. I am saying that the TMA guys who say biting and eye-gouges can stop any BJJ guy or even pro MMA guys are fools. The ones who saw holes in their games and cross trained are smart, legit guys. Hell, even the Gracies doing MMA cross-train now. If they admit they need to cross-train, I can't understand why anyone would not feel they need to in order to have a COMPLETE system.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Brian, it sound like they advocate alive training and cross training. I would say because of that they are completely legit. Getting a BB in BJJ is not an easy task either.

I'm not saying BJJ is the be all, end all of fighting. I am saying that the TMA guys who say biting and eye-gouges can stop any BJJ guy or even pro MMA guys are fools. The ones who saw holes in their games and cross trained are smart, legit guys. Hell, even the Gracies doing MMA cross-train now. If they admit they need to cross-train, I can't understand why anyone would not feel they need to in order to have a COMPLETE system.
    My point exactly.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    Chill, man, that was directed at Ron.

Good luck getting a straight, rational answer shorter than 'War and Peace'.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I think it was very easy and natural for Tim to "turn" to BJJ, he had a huge background in Practical Chin-na so, BJJ would have been the next logical step to round off his game.
    The fact that he stuck it out to get his BB shows how much it had to offer him.

cjurakpt Guest
    good luck getting ANY answer out of him when it is in the form of a direct request to substantiate his proported level of taiji knowledge:

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    You can be a genius and know taijiquan. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to taijiquan and related fields. So what? Someone has to. Not everyone must be stuck in an eternal 'I only this tiny bit of it' state where their knowledge and experience is confined to a small series of topics.
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...5&postcount=42

keep ducking the question, it really enhances your credibility...

I just want to state, for the non-IMA guys here, that most of us IMA guys do not believe in that Dillman LKJ BS. Also, while I believe in qi as a Chinese philosophical/medical term for a complex interaction of body processes (and yes, I FEEL the sensations associated with qi), I believe that structure and intention are the engines driving IMAs. Structure and intention fit nicely into modern ideas of bio-mechanics and sports psychology. You're making us look like a bunch of qi twinkies, Ron.
    Oh, brianK. I can already tell that you have one major hinderence within you. You're too worried about other people's views of you. Qi is still qi. It always has been, it always will be. Its existence isn't dictated by popularism. It doesn't matter if an EM scanner can pick up on qi or not. Protons and neutrons have always been protons and neutrons and they always will be, regardless if one has the technology to detect them or not.

Furthermore, I gave a list of IMA masters who would disagree vehemently with your views on the value of sport fighting. Maybe your IMA genius exceeds Tim Cartmell's,Li Tai Liang's, Su Dong Chen's, et al; for me to believe that, though, you've got to post a vid, fight record, something.
    I already said that there are some that do wish more IMA people, even CMA in general, were in sports fighting before you gave your list. This isn't new ground.

If you can convince me your depth of knowledge is greater than their's, I've got to meet you.
    A sample of my knowledge base is within each and every post I've made on this board. Some is uberobvious, some isn't, but it is there.

Where is the PROOF Ron?

Remember, I'm asking for proof it works in PRACTICE, not THEORY.

Oh, brianK. I can already tell that you have one major hinderence within you. You're too worried about other people's views of you. Qi is still qi. It always has been, it always will be. Its existence isn't dictated by popularism. It doesn't matter if an EM scanner can pick up on qi or not. Protons and neutrons have always been protons and neutrons and they always will be, regardless if one has the technology to detect them or not.

I already said that there are some that do wish more IMA people, even CMA in general, were in sports fighting before you gave your list. This isn't new ground.

A sample of my knowledge base is within each and every post I've made on this board. Some is uberobvious, some isn't, but it is there.
    Ron, first of all, thanks for diagnosing my hindrance. Maybe next time you are doing one of your distance healings (I believe Buddhists call it tonglen), you can hit me up with some sweet, sweet Shen.

Furthermore, the sample of your knowledge base reveals a lot of theory and intellectual conjecture; what it doesn't reveal is practical fighting experience. That much seems uberobvious to me. Martial arts, even internal ones, don't take place in the mind alone.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Just stop! Please! Where is the PROOF?
    Examples include: people have different levels of sensitivity to things, including energetic effects, what I said about meditation and the subconscious, not the overly simplistic and very limited perspect of cjurakpt. There was proof that something happened to those guys in the 'human stungun' video when the paramedics' machine was hooked up to them, but even then, it isn't enough for you, so you brush it off. I made a post some time ago about my own experiences of merging my subconscious with my conscious mind and spoke briefly about the impact it had on not just my fighting skills, but all aspects of my life.

I have provided proof after proof after proof. It's not my fault you don't want to see it.

I will look at it. And you rambling on and on is not proof, just as if I wrote page after page on Bigfoot, it would not PROVE it's existance.
    I have again and again, shown you roadmaps each and every time, but you are the one that won't look at the map. I can't force you to look at the map. I keep saying the proof over and over again.

Notice I showed solid, video PROOF that Dillman, that fat follower of his, and Wally Jay FAILED and are full of ****.
    That's very bad spin. The machines hooked up to the people showed characteristics of people being shocked, but that isn't enough for you.

How many times do I have to say to stop using the law of gravity to explain how and why we get energy from ingested food? What you are doing is demanding a certain type of proof, wanting it to exist in only one type of fashion. But, what you want is the use of the law of gravity in the analogy. How and why we take in energy from ingested food represents qi.

If you took a few minutes to actually look at the analogy and compare it to what I have been saying, you will actually begin to understand where the proof is that you keep demanding I give. You will see I have been giving it all along.

I want something similar as proof.
    What you want is the only type of proof you say will suffice. You want proof of qi to conform to what you want and you keep failing miserably. That is why you have yet to get it. That and you refuse to look at the proof.

Not a bunch of ranting about food and body chemistry, etc. Basically show that it works in PRACTICE, not that it works in THEORY.
    Everything operates on its own logic and I have been trying to get across to you exactly what that logic is, but no matter what I say, you say I'm not saying proof. That is contradictory to what I have said. I have given both the analogy and many many literal examples that are qi's proof.

Yeah, listen up. If you actually took stock of all the subjects commonly accepted by the modern world, you'll see that to understand any part of them, they require background information, proof. To understand that, you need more than 1+1 or 1+1 and 2+2. I have been telling you some of the required background information, so that you can identify the proof, but you don't want to listen.

You need to actually take the time and learn what I am saying to you. Otherwise, you will never get anywhere.

Ron: I was maybe a bit aggressive in that last post. I had just put in an hour in san ti. You know how that is. Still, you do come off a bit condescending when you talk about my hindrances or tell me I have to meditate. For all you know, I've been in the qigong/neigong/IMA game longer than you, and have studied TCM. Granted, I'm no genius, but I think you're assuming some things about me which might not be true. Just something to consider.

Brian

Examples of my lack of knowledge base is within each and every post I've made on this board.
    there, fixed that for you.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Ron, first of all, thanks for diagnosing my hindrance. Maybe next time you are doing one of your distance healings (I believe Buddhists call it tonglen), you can hit me up with some sweet, sweet Shen.
    Mockery gets you nowhere with me. Look at what it did for cjurakpt. He's right that I don't reply to his questions anymore. It's because of how he's acted recently. I would have been happy to discuss the list of "points" he brought up before all this happened. You don't get to derail a conversation I'm having and continuously complain and moan and mock what I say and then, say you want me to answer your questions because of something I said to someone else.

Not with me. He's only got himself to blame for shooting himself in the foot with his juvenile behavior.

Furthermore, the sample of your knowledge base reveals a lot of theory and intellectual conjecture;
    You say it's conjecture, in the face of not only the logic, but also the fact that the logic that has been presented for the other side hasn't had much of a decent counterargument to it. There have been some, but the majority of 'replies' (very loosely described as such) have been fueled by ego dripping drives, which have intensified amongst those I have said I don't reply to anymore. This itself is one of the proofs that keep being demanded I give, no matter how many times I describe it.

what it doesn't reveal is practical fighting experience.
    Well, you know this small group of people that have been discussing this and similar issues of late. When I tried to explain, only one person out of all those that responded to what I said actually gave a decent counterargument from start to finish in the last thread.

That much seems uberobvious to me. Martial arts, even internal ones, don't take place in the mind alone.
    That's true. And when I try to give the background information necessary to properly understand how it can have an influence on martial arts experiences and to be able to see it properly, the longest running person that has tried to say he wants proof ignores everything I have told him. There is only so much I can do.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    you sure you are not referring to Wally Jay's son, Leon? I 've heard Leon is doing the PT Barnum act with Dillman, much to the dismay of his father's followers. I have met Wally Jay and felt his Small Circle Jiu-Jutsu, and there are no ch'i blasts,dim-mak, or parlor tricks. Just pure technique. and pain. lots of pain.

oh, did I mention the pain?

Look at cjurakpt. He's right that I don't reply to his questions because if I did I would leave no shadow of a doubt that I'm a clueless goober living in fantasy land
    there, fixed another one for you
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Brian hit it on the head. You are a THEORY guy, you have no PRACTICE. You really are smug for someone who has never teasted if his stuff really works.

Let's look at the fat guy 'Stun Gun' video. The EMTs said the STUDENTS and the INSTRUCTORS eyes dilated, heart rate went up, and the skin got clammy. But the bottom line is that if the 100lb female reporter or any of the BJJ guys had attacked him, he would have been at their mercy. PERIOD. It only worked on the believers, NOT ANYONE ELSE.

It was indeed Leon Jay, I stand corrected.

I have also stated if there is a Dillman seminar in Austin I fully plan to call him a fraud publicly and challenge him or any follower to KO me with Chi. If I am told to leave the building, I will park one of my cars outside with a sign saying I will sign over the title to it to ANYONE who can KO me with Chi. I put my money where my mouth is.

Ron, I live in Austin, Texas. If you live near enough you can try to show me Chi. Prove it, and I will defend you on EVERY board you post on as a man who PROVED that your stuff works too. BTW, this is not a challenge to fight, I just want to see in person this Chi(or its effects) you speak of.