Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TCMA in MMA

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jet64 View Post
    Thats what you think of CMA because in US there's a lot of undertrained individuals who claims as master.

From your post i can say you havent seen a real kungfu.
    we are having somewhat of a glut of trolls lately - but we have your application, so we'll get in touch with you if you are needed at some point in the future...

I've seen "real kung fu," but I've seen very few people capable of applying it against anything more resistant than the air... There is a difference.[/QUOTE]

you havent seen zi ran men kung fu, specialy from WLS student. your
    views on kungfu will change.

Quote Originally Posted by jet64
    you havent seen zi ran men kung fu
    Never heard of it...

specialy from WLS student.
    Never heard of "WLS." Who is that? William Lancelot Smythe? Walther Latham Sheraton?

your views on kungfu will change.
    I doubt it... Your post simply reinforces my point, above - that good quality CMAists, and good quality CMAs, that can hold their own against other non-CMA arts, are few and far between. They are the exception, not the rule, and your comment about "zi ran men" kung fu and "WLS" accentuate the fact that it is niche CMAs, not mainstream CMAs, that contain useful, relevant material.
    Matt Stone

Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1 View Post
    Never heard of it...

Never heard of "WLS." Who is that? William Lancelot Smythe? Walther Latham Sheraton?

I doubt it... Your post simply reinforces my point, above - that good quality CMAists, and good quality CMAs, that can hold their own against other non-CMA arts, are few and far between. They are the exception, not the rule, and your comment about "zi ran men" kung fu and "WLS" accentuate the fact that it is niche CMAs, not mainstream CMAs, that contain useful, relevant material.

Im referring to Zi Ran Men of the Great Grandmaster Wan Lai Shen. Its true that its very few knows this style. WLS exposed many fake kungfu during his time.
    WLS is one of the first MMAist because he studied many styles of KF. You need more research bro.

Im referring to Zi Ran Men of the Great Grandmaster Wan Lai Shen. Its true that its very few knows this style. WLS exposed many fake kungfu during his time.
    WLS is one of the first MMAist because he studied many styles of KF. You need more research bro.
    Not saying it's so, but generally if a style is "unknown", it hasn't entered the public fighting forum....so how are you gauging it's effectiveness?

From your post i can say you havent seen a real kungfu.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    That's an infringement of the International Society for the Prevention of Abuse of Suspension Points guidelines. And you do realize that only three are necessary to make a point, and only ten are actually necessary to make a full post (without even considering the rolleyes)?

A little control, man! For the children!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I got overly excited, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Not saying it's so, but generally if a style is "unknown", it hasn't entered the public fighting forum....so how are you gauging it's effectiveness?
    its not unknown, you take time to study it and you will know.