Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 sects and 10 boxing styles - historical or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
    Wikipedia has an article on this game, which FIFA considers to be the father of modern soccer.
    I think there is another game called Jiu Zhizi too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    Not much to tell, it's kicking movements and so on based on what you do always in Soccer on the field and in training.

One of the kicks was a cool side flick with a leg which kicks the other person's backside.
    Sounds cool.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    I think there is another game called Jiu Zhizi too?
    I can only find info on Cuju. Although not sourced, this page has some good info:

http://www.chinatoday.com.cn/English...00604/4p60.htm

If you present the Chinese characters for the name, maybe some Chinese info can be found to corroborate Jiu Zhizi.
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 09-03-2007 at 03:40 AM.

Sal,

蹶子脚 (Juezijiao): A technique of Chuojiao should not be confused with Jiu Zhizi. 九枝子.
    Although the sport did flourish during times of Song Dynasty, upon which Chuojiao was developed (in legend), but there is a lot more in Chuojiao nowadays than the simple techniques of Cuju.

ghostexorcist,

1. The site http://www.satirio.com/ma/home.html is not American (it may be hosted there in some server but it is from Asia - China, Aus, Singapore).....
    2. I may have missed your mails, I have been relocating countries and tend travel a lot so you may have sent to dead email or something....oh and I rarely am angered so do not jump the gun with assumptions........I will have a look. ....

Kind Regards
    Wu Chanlong

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Master View Post
    Sal,

蹶子脚 (Juezijiao): A technique of Chuojiao should not be confused with Jiu Zhizi. 九枝子.
    Although the sport did flourish during times of Song Dynasty, upon which Chuojiao was developed (in legend), but there is a lot more in Chuojiao nowadays than the simple techniques of Cuju.

ghostexorcist,

1. The site http://www.satirio.com/ma/home.html is not American (it may be hosted there in some server but it is from Asia - China, Aus, Singapore).....
    2. I may have missed your mails, I have been relocating countries and tend travel a lot so you may have sent to dead email or something....oh and I rarely am angered so do not jump the gun with assumptions........I will have a look. ....

Kind Regards
    Wu Chanlong
    I apologize for my previous statements then. So what are the differences between Cuju and Jiu Zhizi? Perhaps one is a sub-game of the other, like soccer and rugby.
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 09-03-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Does anyone know anything about this (Got this from VCD on LiuHe Mens style):

LiuHe Men, according to oral history, was an integrated system from the arts of these people:

Yang You Ji,
    Wu Zhi Xu,
    Yue Fei,
    Xue Ren Gui,
    Zhao Kuang Yin,
    & Yang Yan Zhao.

Anything is possible (although the dates are dubious and if anything it is popular for arts to group famous individuals as the founders) ...but that is not the thought of our Cangzhou Liuhequan lineage.

Wikipedia has an article on this game, which FIFA considers to be the father of modern soccer.
    Which says a lot about FIFA really Cuju can't be the "father" of modern soccer, as modern soccer is directly descended from medieval European football, which can be accurately traced back to the 1100s, Centuries before european contact with China, and over a century before the Mongol incursions into the middle east. There is no point of contact for the two, and Cuju is a very different game. It may be accurate to say that Cuju is the earliest documented form of football, but it is hardly the "father" of modern soccer.
    Even tenuous attempts to find a point of contact don't work, as it could just as easily be argued that Cuju was descended from Phaininda and found it's way from Persia/Pakistan to China after the Alexandrian conquests.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

i doubt this
    unless u can find citation

modern football came from the tudor game of football where hundreds of ppl would be divided say between 2 towns with goals at wither end and a pigs bladder blown up for a ball

the goal was to get it to the opposite towns goal

this chinese game may be played similarly to football but there is no way it was taken from china to europe
    especially with all our war mongering in europe and the middle east from the middle ages onwards
    it is much more likely that we the brits fathered the modern game of football
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    i doubt this
    unless u can find citation
    This was in the wikipedia article:

http://www.fifa.com/womenolympic/des...try/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Cuju can't be the "father" of modern soccer, as modern soccer is directly descended from medieval European football, which can be accurately traced back to the 1100s, Centuries before european contact with China, and over a century before the Mongol incursions into the middle east.
    The Chinese were directly and indirectly trading with the Roman empire before the birth of Christ. I don't know when the game was created, but the article says it was popular during the Warring states perod (5th-3rd century BCE), which means it existed before this time. It could have spread west via merchants. However, I am not an expert in cross-cultural exchanges, so I can only speculate based upon the given material.

I'll just stick with FIFA's claims since it is the governing body of football.
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 09-09-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Angry

I'll just stick with FIFA's claims since it is the governing body of football.
    NO

SHUT UR HOLE

WE CREATED THE BEST GAME ON EARTH

EVER
    thats the long and short of it

i'm sure many ppl have thought about making a game aof kicking a ball

but fifa can go to hell

football is english

end of story

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    NO

SHUT UR HOLE

WE CREATED THE BEST GAME ON EARTH

EVER
    thats the long and short of it

i'm sure many ppl have thought about making a game aof kicking a ball

but fifa can go to hell

football is english

end of story
    SOCCER HOOLIGANS UNITE!

SOCCER HOOLIGANS UNITE!
    dont call it soccer either

ur only embarrassing urself

psssh americans

Well, any further news?

So much for that interesting discussion...
    Was there anymore research, not about football or related derivatives...
    Four sects, Ten styles?
    The clouded mind, sees nothing...