Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Dave Lacey - Buck Sing Gwoon Pt 5 youtube

Master Dave Lacey - Buck Sing Gwoon Pt 5 youtube

Hi all,

We have just posted part 5 of the Buck Sing Gwoon on youtube....

On this clip you get more insight into Master Dave Lacey's fighting techniques along with tournament footage and more.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NORhm6S5r9o

enjoy,

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon

Thumbs up Nice video!

I especially liked those applications.

just gotta say that these have been some of the best vids i've seen and a personal favorite. thanks so much.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Yeah that was a great vid.
    That spinning backfist KO at the end was nice. Ouch!

Hi Nick,
    Nice vids. That was back in my day. Our venue was Sydney Town Hall. In 87, I fought in 80kg.

The sporting comissioner (in NSW) made them bring in boxing rings in 88 or 89, and doctors and stand-by ambulances, etc, which made the operation too expensive. I think the last big one was 90 at the Entertainment Centre.

Am glad your enjoying the youtube clips and thanks for your great feedback guys.

Yum Cha, you right.... those tournaments were held in Sydney. There were initial elimination bouts and then later the finals were fought in the ring.....

I forgot to point out that the two fighters wearing the short trunks/pants were Mark Whelan ( the tall guy) and Eddie ( forgot his surname ) from Chen Yong Fa's Choy Lee Fut School in Sydney.

The other fighters with the long kung fu pants on, are Master Dave Lacey's Buck Sing fighters.

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon

Hey Nick,
    Yea, I remember now, NSW and VIC each had eliminations, than in VIC they held a combined final, or something like that. I remember the winners went to Melbourne to fight again.

We didn't use the vests, and headgear was optional. Thing I hated was we never got a clean explanation of the rules. No knees or elbows, but takedowns were allowed. I think now in retrospect, it was probably similar to san da rules. It was an untidy affair, probably better than 50% were knockouts or TKOs, and they were always wiping up blood. Nothing better than a bloody training shirt to wear through the year.

People talk about fighting now days, how it has to be "sport" fighting to be effective, a derivative of kickboxing. Those bouts were my lesson otherwise. Perhaps you too were there?

Some bouts were muddy slugfests, some kickboxing, and the very few were stylistic. Watching a good style fight was about as good as it got.

Hey Yum Cha,

The fights on pt 5 were in Melbourne in 1987. In this particular tournament both the eliminations and finals were both fought in Melbourne with the finals fought at the Melbourne town hall. ( sorry I mixed up the 1987 tournament with others I was thinking about and stand corrected about being fought in Sydney)

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon

Thanks for posting your videos. In one of the youtube links it shows an older asian guy in a robe and boxers cutting his mouth and then doing forms in the kitchen...what is the deal with that? black magic kung fu or??

upping...mad curious about the answer to my question

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    upping...mad curious about the answer to my question
    Two words:

Shen da

Regards,

Luca

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Sing Gwoon View Post
    Am glad your enjoying the youtube clips and thanks for your great feedback guys.

Yum Cha, you right.... those tournaments were held in Sydney. There were initial elimination bouts and then later the finals were fought in the ring.....

I forgot to point out that the two fighters wearing the short trunks/pants were Mark Whelan ( the tall guy) and Eddie ( forgot his surname ) from Chen Yong Fa's Choy Lee Fut School in Sydney.

The other fighters with the long kung fu pants on, are Master Dave Lacey's Buck Sing fighters.

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon
    Eddie was a natural and Mark is still around, you can see him here, he is the first off the mark in the demo and then he did the kwan-do. Not bad for an old guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbvho4cia0w

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Sing Gwoon View Post

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon
    Eddie was a natural and Mark is still around, you can see him here, he is the first off the mark in the demo and then he did the kwan-do. Not bad for an old guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbvho4cia0w

great!

Definately the best example I've seen of CLF getting used full contact on youtube. You can really see them using their gung fu and dominating with it. The Applications were bang on too!

Awsome!
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Hey Diego, that was sun da, spirit god kung fu. Ill speak to my Sifu and see if I can elaborate more as I dont know much about it.

Satori thanks for your great comments. I watched you guys on youtube and think your great. Can you pm me, as I saw your page on myspace but wasn't able to access it. Thanks.

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon