Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Dave Lacey - Buck Sing Gwoon Pt 5 youtube

I should add that it was a great pleasure to see the video of Grand Elder Lung Jee.

Thanks for posting
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Blog Entries
    satori.....may i ask a question?

how come you guys say lung gee, when his name doesn't have dragon in it?

no big deal, but i used to argue with naya bout this way back in the days.

hsk
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

No argument nessecary, suppose I wasn't paying that close of attention to the spelling. I'm just spelling it the way it sounds (to me) when my Sifu says it.

cheers
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Blog Entries
    no its no prob at all.....i was just wondering because its only your lineage that calls him lung gee..........back in the day naya and i argued whether it was lung gee cheung or something, but lun chee is lun chee......

no biggie......
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

[QUOTE=hskwarrior;back in the day naya and i argued whether it was lung gee cheung or something, QUOTE]

Actually we are a part of Lung Gee Cheung lineage as is Master Lacey. He was Lai Hung and Chan Woo Lueng's Sifu

cheers
    Last edited by Satori Science; 09-01-2007 at 01:53 PM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Sing Gwoon View Post
    Hey Diego, that was sun da, spirit god kung fu. Ill speak to my Sifu and see if I can elaborate more as I dont know much about it.

Satori thanks for your great comments. I watched you guys on youtube and think your great. Can you pm me, as I saw your page on myspace but wasn't able to access it. Thanks.

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon
    That would be awesome if you could share more information on sun da.
    I really appreciatte that Dave and Vince Lacey are posting so much of their clan's footage on youtube, to me the information in the clips is priceless, point blank

I study a system of Hop Gar mixed with KaJuKenBo and all the forms are very much street orientated, as the deceased teacher of the style Alexander "Kaido" Polintain was street orientated...How the application comes out in your forms inspires me as it is some of the only modern kung fu footage I have seen that displays the streetfighting attitude with the culture of the old school discipline!.

Many kung fu schools have that discipline but lack the killer instinct or whatever, and many street fighters lack that discipline!...It's awesome to find those that train both.
    peace

Leung Tze Cheung the "leung" is different from the "lun" in Lun Chee. They have a different pronunciation.

Leung Tze Cheung was one of the students that cross-trained CLF and Buk Siu Lum. Can't recall if he was Tam Sam's student sent to Ku Yu Cheong or vice versa.

Yah, he was Master Ku's student and then went and studied with Tam Sam in the exchange. Because of the exchange there is an interesting diverstiy in the manifestions that the Bak Hsing techniques and forms have taken especially in the lineages that actively practce the northern style.

Especilly because the exchange continued on back and forth thru later gen. Chan Woo Lueng and Lai Hung both ended up learning the northern and southern lineages from teachers who had themselves been exchange students from the two families.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Lein Wan Kow Da Kuen

A cool form that I hadn't seen before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBgoRrOGIw
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

A lot of static stance moves for Bak Hsing. More Hung Sing CLF influence, I'd say.

nospam

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Eddie was a natural and Mark is still around, you can see him here, he is the first off the mark in the demo and then he did the kwan-do. Not bad for an old guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbvho4cia0w

LOL! Extra Joseph. That's the temple in Glebe where I trained for 5 years! That's the Chinese NY celebration they have there every year! Its like a picture from my back yard!

We did lion dancing for August moon last weekend, I looked over and Sifu and Chen Yong Fa were over on the sideline, cracking up at our pitiful efforts....

Hi Yum Cha,

The Glebe joss house is an incredible place, everyone ended up there in the Chinese New Year and the August Moon celebration. Chan Hak-Fu's (White Crane) son used to camp there as well and Yu Suk the joss house keeper has been there for years. Everyone use the front of the joss house to do their training and their videos and poeple say the Kwan Kung divination slips are very accurate there because it has good Feng Shui.

Ah, those good old days... watching the crackers go off and listening to the thunderous drums along Dixon Street, climbing in and out of the dragon, dodging the firework, bashing the drum, the symbol and the gong in between, sleeping in the Gwoon after doing half a dozen of restaurants all over Sydney...get up in the morning and do another half a dozen with demos in between, completely exhausted but feeling good as one year ends and another begins.

Glad to know your Sifu and Chen Yong-Fa are still good friends, they go way back to Canton days. That is something nice about Sydney (and Australia), they all do different styles but they all get on well because they have respect for each other.

XJ

Hi Diego,

With the Spirit God Kung Fu, the person gets into a trance like state and the spirit, be it the Monkey God, Guan Kung, Drunken Kung Fu Spirit, Jeung Kwai etc takes over the persons body and they move according to whoever the spirit god is. My Sifu was specially invited to witness this by a close friend of his. These demonstrations that my Sifu was privy to, are very rarely displayed to outsiders. The practitioners speak in a Lama dialect, but at times, what they say is not clearly understood.

On a different note and in regards to previous posts this is a treasured photo of mine taken with Grandmaster Lun Chee, in 1997, when he visited the Buck Sing Gwoon in Melbourne, Australia.

Attachment 3968

Grandmaster Lun Chee and Nick Lizos -1997 at the Melbourne Buck Sing Gwoon

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Sing Gwoon View Post
    Hi Diego,

With the Spirit God Kung Fu, the person gets into a trance like state and the spirit, be it the Monkey God, Guan Kung, Drunken Kung Fu Spirit, Jeung Kwai etc takes over the persons body and they move according to whoever the spirit god is. My Sifu was specially invited to witness this by a close friend of his. These demonstrations that my Sifu was privy to, are very rarely displayed to outsiders. The practitioners speak in a Lama dialect, but at times, what they say is not clearly understood.

On a different note and in regards to previous posts this is a treasured photo of mine taken with Grandmaster Lun Chee, in 1997, when he visited the Buck Sing Gwoon in Melbourne, Australia.

Attachment 3968

Grandmaster Lun Chee and Nick Lizos -1997 at the Melbourne Buck Sing Gwoon

Nick
    Buck Sing Gwoon
    Cool, thanks for the info...i don't understand it all but there is something there...i know shamans ingest substances for added power...then you have roid rage from steroids...my lama fists give me an attitude as well...mechanically they are two to three times stronger than boxing mechanics so i tend to walk around like i'm about to smash something...i think it has to do with coiling the upperback and shoulders while doing hop gar basics...the chi makes you think you are bigger than you are orsomething...once i found out how powerfull lama fist can be and fell in love with it i have had this deffinatte EXTRA attitude!...i don't know if it's tantra or i'm just naturally a jerk and now i'm stronger, better, faster...
    peace

I was just wondering.........

[QUOTE=Satori Science;791759]
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior;back in the day naya and i argued whether it was lung gee cheung or something, QUOTE

Actually we are a part of Lung Gee Cheung lineage as is Master Lacey. He was Lai Hung and Chan Woo Lueng's Sifu

cheers
    Are you guys talking about "Lung Chi-Cheung" who studies from Northern Shaolin Great Grand Master Kuo Yu-Cheung and Choy Lay Fut Great Grand Master Tam Sam.

Cause if it is the same person (by the way I got the info from this site http://northernshaolin.com/?page=sifu_marquis_lung and his last name is the character for "Dragon"

BUT if you are guys are talking about someone else then sorry for interupting!