Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of two handed applications would you use in a fight?

What type of two handed applications would you use in a fight?

would you block/deflect with two palms or two elbows and why?

what about arm bars like stand up jujitsu where you twist his wrist with one hand and smash his elbow with the other arm...you see armlocks on the ground all the time in the ring, when could you pull off a standing armbar?.

depends.

if im fighting someone with no apparent training, probably would break out a few double hand strikes.

someone who seems like they might have training, probably not so much, unless it just comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    depends.

if im fighting someone with no apparent training, probably would break out a few double hand strikes.

someone who seems like they might have training, probably not so much, unless it just comes out.
    makes sence...I'm really curious if there is video of peeps executing stand up arm bars...when do you think you could pull one of those off against a strong guy...I don't train to fight pee wee herman namean

You mean like this?

Standing joint locks aren't high-percentage, but they're doable if you train them hard enough.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

This public computer won't play youtube, which f'n sucks...gonna check later,
    thanks

...the James T. Kirk special!!!
    __
    "What is the sound of one hand clawing???" -- chanh buddhist proverb

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCasebolt View Post
    You mean like this?

Standing joint locks aren't high-percentage, but they're doable if you train them hard enough.
    They also don't allow for a chance to tap out. To make most of them work requires speed with the intent on doing extreme damage with no concern for safety. Not exactly conducive to sport fighting.

Looked like that guy in the vid got his arm jacked pretty good. Actually I'm talking more about breaks than locks. Locks can be countered do lower percentage. Not a whole lot the guy in the vid could do.

Any suggestions from the experts on countering that move? Would you consider that acceptable for sport?

I didn't have audio so couldn't hear commentary. Did it break?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    audio wasn't good enough to hear it.

you know, that is exactly how i've always learned and taught how to try to do that move...the trick is, of course, that you can't really train it full speed.
    Last edited by Oso; 08-30-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelin
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

That video is very nice...the whole left twist stance to the right horse stance...how he does the outward hook with his right foot straight up inspired me, lol.

Anyone find some more video please post.

two handed grip on my Glock Model 22 while in a weaver stance. Aside from being in a controlled situation, martial arts is basically just a notch better in a street fight. Too many variables. Best way of surviving is stopping the attack. A gun to the face of the assailant pretty much diffuses the situation. If he/she has a gun, shoot first.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCasebolt View Post
    You mean like this?

Wakigatame is one of the more potentially dangerous arm breaks in Judo/jujutsu, its pretty hard to pull off just because its so hard to train correctly and NOT get hurt.
    Truly the case of "too dangerous" for sport because to work you have to do it in such a way ( explosively) that makes it an almost sure arm breaker, it is not a lock.

that's what I said....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    that's what I said....
    But I said it with Chi

no, you said it with ki

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    no, you said it with ki
    WaKI to be exact