Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin vs. Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    here's the thing. if this were true than they were not beaten by ninja. they may have been beaten by someone that said he was a ninja or someone dressed as ninja. but if it were a ninja they never would have seen him. they'd all be dead and he would be off fighting pirates (the only other known enemy of the ninja).

aww man does anyone feel a ninjutsu revival coming on? maybe they can make some more of those amazing american ninja movies.
    I thought Shao-lin had the market cornered on pirate-fu......at least their legends do.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Oh dear lord!! Even the Shaolin TEMPLE is desintigrating to the level of internet challenge matches!!! This is the first step!!

Next thing you know, 3 Monks are going to drive the Abbot's Mercedes benz 9 hours to fight 3 Ninjas in a Masonic temple parking lot in Korea (Who has to suffer through this due to being in the middle....literally, look at a map)

All 6 of them are going to argue, posture around, insult eachother and never actually fight. Then finally some MMA guy with no experience is going to fight someone who is not even involved and all the attention will be shifted to that. Lastly they will all agree to go fight in a feild somewhere nearby, and no one will actually show up there...

After, Both sides will go home, get online and insult eachother while they set up another Challenge match EVERYONE knows will never happen, so they try to verbally position themselves so that when it doesn't they can blame and ridicule the other party....I can see it all now....
    Besides which, Shi [insert his name here] will have an unlicensed firearm or polearm in the back seat of his jeep, with some opium in the glovebox. And when the fight is done, he'll call you a dirty gwailo, then slash your tires with his Emei piercers....LOL....

Given the reaction, if they logged onto KFM for any length of time, their heads would explode.

"WHO IS THIS ANDY (JUDO GRANDMASTER?) WE DEMAND TO SPEAK TO HIM IMMEDIATELY!"
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

It was a hoax. The BBS had offered an apology and a retraction.
    http://news.sohu.com/20070831/n251887058.shtml

HAhahahaha......

Blog Entries
    here's another article about that.....

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/070831...ml#skip300x250
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

If they're that insecure, they should just stop teaching and practicing wushu....

What are they going to do? Challenge the ninja to a forms competition?

Shaolin monks demand appology from Ninjas!

I dunno if this has been posted earlier, if so just delete this.

http://africa.reuters.com/odd/news/usnPEK269328.html
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Wow, they are demanding an apology for a comment made on an internet forum? Wait till they find some of the threads here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

So passe. Resolved long time ago.

Isn't it possible that this was a publicity stunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Isn't it possible that this was a publicity stunt?
    Because the name "shaolin" doesn't get enough publicity anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    If they had only logged into KFM online, they'd have known that Ninjas were Shao-lin......
    Quite so! Well, at least the real Shaolin Monks of old, prior to the PRC, were for sure. That's why it was said of them..."Looked for, they cannot be see; listened for, they cannot be heard; and felt for, they cannot be touched."

And what about the Lin-Kuei Pai or Forest Ghost Clan, and the Mo-Shu Nan-Jen or Devil Skilled Men of Calamity? Both were spies and assassins of past centuries in China, and both probably preceded what became Ninjitsu in Japan, judging from the record of historical references?

Doc
    Last edited by Doc Stier; 09-10-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Stier View Post
    Quite so! Well, at least the real Shaolin Monks of old, prior to the PRC, were for sure. That's why it was said of them..."Looked for, they cannot be see; listened for, they cannot be heard; and felt for, they cannot be touched."

And what about the Lin-Kuei Pai or Forest Ghost Clan, and the Mo-Shu Nan-Jen or Devil Skilled Men of Calamity? Both were spies and assassins of past centuries in China, and both probably preceded what became Ninjitsu in Japan, judging from the record of historical references?

Doc
    Welcome back Takeshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Because the name "shaolin" doesn't get enough publicity anyway...
    JP, if you run a google search on the term "shaolin" you get approximately 7 million hits versus 61 million for "ninja". Make it "shaolin monks" and the number drops to 1 million, or "shaolin temple" down to 80 thousand.

For every Shaolin martial artist worldwide, how many will ever visit China?

As savy as the monks have become with dealing with tourists, a publicity stunt seems at least possible to me.