Thread: wood-lock oil

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

wood-lock oil

what do you guys know about wood-lock oil? How safe is it? It's made out of freakin turpentine! How much do I really want of that on my skin being absorbed into my system on a regular basis?

I use it regularly and have not caught teh AIDS yet.

turpentine is an old liniment makers secret, it will blend seperate oils together and drive other ingredients down the hair follicle. Its safe as long as it has not been chemically rendered. you will find it hiding in just about any liniment or salve that has oils.

Mike Biggie

tupentine

Quote Originally Posted by Piercinghammer View Post
    turpentine is an old liniment makers secret, it will blend seperate oils together and drive other ingredients down the hair follicle. Its safe as long as it has not been chemically rendered. you will find it hiding in just about any liniment or salve that has oils.
    E.g., Black Ghost Oil, Chinese Massage Oil (Oriental Herb Company), etc. It's thought to drive the herbal properties of the liniment deep into the muscles. I agree it's safe as long as it hasn't been chemically rendered.

If you're looking for a warming liniment I'd consider Green Oil or UI Oil as an alternative.

Best,

Steve Lamade
    Last edited by lhommedieu; 09-01-2007 at 10:32 AM.