Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frantzis and other Warriors

Fighting Lad still hasn't gotten his head caved in by an angry chav during his abortive vigilante ninja activity.

Pity.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Wow you guys are really struggling to understand me here. In order to avoid further discussion about ninjas, klingons and m bison, I'll post my original questions again.

---

Are there any modern day masters that have actually been in a fight? Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people? He looks cool in the book but has he ever actually been in a proper challenge match/fight on the street? Have any other modern day masters that u know of been in fights?

---

Notice I'm talking about real people like BK Frantzis not fictional people.

A key to understanding things like conversation etc. is to look at the question, and then create a response that matches the question.

I'll give an example - A "do you prefer oranges or apples?". Here are two potential answers to this question (1) "I have a red t-shirt" and (2) "I prefer oranges". (2) is by far the more suitable answer as it is not only related to the question, but also satisfies the ask of A.

So, if you guys have understood that, try to apply a similar process to my questions, and in fact questions in life. For instance, I asked "Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people?". Instead of giving a (1)type answer about klingons etc. try to come up with a (2)type answer.

Of course, most of the people if not all who have offered (1)type answers are just ignorant and don't know the answers to my questions. That's fine if you fall into this category, but perhaps it would be better to (a) not answer at all, or (b) post your comments on a klingon-related forum.

So guys, give it another try. Here's another quick reminder about the subject matter just so you don't get confused and think this is about The Da Vinci Code or UFOs.

---

Are there any modern day masters that have actually been in a fight? Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people? He looks cool in the book but has he ever actually been in a proper challenge match/fight on the street? Have any other modern day masters that u know of been in fights?

---

Takeshi/mega_fist/mega-foot/fighting lad

you are comic gold. Don't ever stop coming back!
    Bless you

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    answer: yes.

West coast: BK Frantzis.... heard good things

East coast .... Master David Bond Chan..... best hands I've ever scene. Speed and power, of course, but the technique, the principles, unique and correct. And yes, he has fought a lot in his day. Though now he must be closer to 70 than 60.

BK Frantzis clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u5zN69nBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQViq...eature=related

Naturally my interest perked up a bit considering that he is a Bagua Player. Dont know the answer to the question this Kid is asking.

Fighting Lad? Why not shoot him an email and ask him yourself?

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Ok but other people and real life fights? Frantzis vs. ........... etc. Who won? etc. Other masters vs. ..........? etc.

lads???????

Shi Guolin vs Shawn Liu aka Shi De Ru at the 2000 Taiji Legacy in front of the Jonie uniforms stand.

Winner by TKO: Shi Guolin by jaw crush 3:16.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    Shi Guolin vs Shawn Liu aka Shi De Ru at the 2000 Taiji Legacy in front of the Jonie uniforms stand.

Winner by TKO: Shi Guolin by jaw crush 3:16.
    LMFAO! Yes, quite correct....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I've been in plenty of fights...

...but I'm no master.

I was in several 'fights' two weekends ago. I do volunteer work in event medicine and I lead a crew that specializes in restraining psychiatric patients. We use verbal first, but we go physical when necessary. Two weekends, we had about half a dozen physical restraints. Three of our crew were injured: one black eye, two were bitten (but one was only bitten in the jacket).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yeah Gene has that chain whip in his back pocket...

I can imagine the things you get to see brother.

I too worked security for large events and man oh man I wish I had a camera back then.

I actually get to restrain every month when one of the Alzheimer patients I work with gets upset and acts out. It is hard when the person does not even know they are doing what they doing.

I say prayers for them and the rest of the universe.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Yea, but you're big enough to just sit on them, Dale

Plus you got that Iron Bod. I gave up on that practice long ago.

Sometimes I carry velcro restraints in my back pocket, but never a chain whip.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

you must keep the whip chain in the front pocket....for the ninjettes.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

What's the point of the original question? As soon as someone says yes or no then there will be someone else to point out that they're wrong....flame war ensues.

I'd say this looks like a troll......2/10 mostly because it was so obvious. The trolls have really gone down in quality over the years. They used to be much better at provoking flame wars while staying under the radar.

EO