Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Frantzis and other Warriors

Eric Olson, I'd be lying if I said I respected you.

I ask a question regarding real life fighting experience of today's masters, and you accuse me of being a fearsome member of a mythical race from Norse mythology, and give me a rating out of 10.

I strongly feel your comments would be better suited to this forum http://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/908555

For everyone else, I'd love to hear of some more examples of real life matches between today's famous kung fu experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Lad View Post
    Eric Olson, I'd be lying if I said I respected you.

I ask a question regarding real life fighting experience of today's masters, and you accuse me of being a fearsome member of a mythical race from Norse mythology, and give me a rating out of 10.

I strongly feel your comments would be better suited to this forum http://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/908555

For everyone else, I'd love to hear of some more examples of real life matches between today's famous kung fu experts.
    -3.5........ You're just going to have to try harder to not be so obvious. People who've been on this forum for way to long (like myself0 are wise to blatant trolling. Maybe try a new pseudonym and be a little less obvious next time. Then start a thread about which is better MMA or [insert TMA of choice.]

Haha....

EO
    Last edited by Eric Olson; 08-16-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Eric Olson, yet again I'd be lying if I said I respected you.

I ask a question regarding real life fighting experience of today's masters, and you accuse me of being a fearsome member of a mythical race from Norse mythology again, and give me another rating out of 10.

Yet again, I strongly feel your comments would be better suited to this forum http://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/908555

Fighting Lad

I state agin that if you are wanting to know whether or not these guys you have querstions about have ever been in "real fights" then WHY DONT YOU SHOOT THEM AN EMAIL AND ASK THEM YOURSELF?

Im sure the response you would get would be the response you are looking for. Obviously you are not getting it here. Of course i am going to let you in on a little inside info here about the forums and "us" who have been here for a long time.

The Kinds of questions you are asking have been asked a multitude of times with the results turning into a Trolling flame war. SOme of us here actually think its quite fun and some of us here are sick and fukin tired of guys like you coming on here asking dumbfuk questions like this. Guess which group, out of the two, i am in?

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Actually, I think that this is a legitimate question.

Those who've been in reality combat encounters think, move, and practice differently than those who haven't. That's not something that can be trained or taught.

That said, reality combat takes place on varying levels. 99.9999% happens BEFORE opponents lay hands on each other.

One's self esteem, physical condition, social standing, situational placement, world experience, knowledge of the law, and communicative ability are all factors in surviving reality combat encounters. These are things that kung fu DOES train, and it doesn't require a scarred streetfighter to impart wisdom on these issues.

For me, kung fu has been vitally important in helping me deal equitably with people I come into and my own personal issues. The physical combat portion (particularly when it comes to surviving reality combat) is only a part of the entire picture.

Right, I sent an email to this guy who said he's a grandmaster, and he replied and said he once actually killed someone in a challenge match so I respect him a lot.

I was just wondering if any of you have any stories about the more famous contemporary masters?

No stories from me.

Killing people doesn't make a martial artist legitimate.

Yeah but he only killed him because after the fight the other guy came up behind him with a bottle, so he had no choice but to kill him.

Anyway, aside from this he told me he's a grandmaster so I guess that's proof.

What about the other masters though?

Kinda says it all....

Yeah but he only killed him because after the fight the other guy came up behind him with a bottle, so he had no choice but to kill him.

Anyway, aside from this he told me he's a grandmaster so I guess that's proof.

What about the other masters though?
    Boy, let your mamma watch out for your money...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Don't feed boring trolls

Come on guys, only feed the entertaining trolls.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Are there any modern day masters that have actually been in a fight? Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people? He looks cool in the book but has he ever actually been in a proper challenge match/fight on the street? Have any other modern day masters that u know of been in fights?

BK Frantzis is legit. I have it on good authority from my teacher, Master David Bond Chan. He's the real deal. He was throwing comers around when I was training with him, about 5 years ago. He was in his sixties then. I doubt he'll full on fight a challenger now, he's quite diplomatic, but I wouldn't put it past him.

I would say that Cartmel character in California sounds pretty good. I don't know if he's "fought" or not, but all evidence suggests he's training right. He has a high ranking in BJJ, which is what I would guess turned some more aggression on in his internal. He seems pretty dialed in and probably has lots of fighters around.

I would say my Master's "Kung Fu" is the foundation of what I take into fights. His shielding is great. His power generation is very good. But most of all its the thinking he's incorporated into me. Now everyone wants me to do it their way, and I do in boxing, at boxing I keep my mouth shut, but with kick boxers, I tell them straight out its stupid to try to block a kick that way. Or why should I cover the side of my head and take a hit when I could just as easily use my elbow to deflect it while delivering a strike of my own? They don't know what to say. Some I can see the eyes roll, like, right. Then I hit them with it and they say I'm just faster and stronger. At 34. With creeky football, surfing knees.

I'm fighting tomorrow night. I think someone will film. I'll post results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    BK Frantzis is legit. I have it on good authority from my teacher, Master David Bond Chan. He's the real deal. He was throwing comers around when I was training with him, about 5 years ago. He was in his sixties then. I doubt he'll full on fight a challenger now, he's quite diplomatic, but I wouldn't put it past him.

I would say that Cartmel character in California sounds pretty good. I don't know if he's "fought" or not, but all evidence suggests he's training right. He has a high ranking in BJJ, which is what I would guess turned some more aggression on in his internal. He seems pretty dialed in and probably has lots of fighters around.

I would say my Master's "Kung Fu" is the foundation of what I take into fights. His shielding is great. His power generation is very good. But most of all its the thinking he's incorporated into me. Now everyone wants me to do it their way, and I do in boxing, at boxing I keep my mouth shut, but with kick boxers, I tell them straight out its stupid to try to block a kick that way. Or why should I cover the side of my head and take a hit when I could just as easily use my elbow to deflect it while delivering a strike of my own? They don't know what to say. Some I can see the eyes roll, like, right. Then I hit them with it and they say I'm just faster and stronger. At 34. With creeky football, surfing knees.

I'm fighting tomorrow night. I think someone will film. I'll post results.
    I'm rootin for ya Ray. Break a leg (and not your own)
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'm rootin for ya Ray. Break a leg (and not your own)

I dunno. I saw that video of the kickboxer breaking his leg. I think you could possibly use it like a nunchaku.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Wow you guys are really struggling to understand me here. In order to avoid further discussion about ninjas, klingons and m bison, I'll post my original questions again.

---

Are there any modern day masters that have actually been in a fight? Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people? He looks cool in the book but has he ever actually been in a proper challenge match/fight on the street? Have any other modern day masters that u know of been in fights?
    --
    ----------------------

Yes.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I dunno. I saw that video of the kickboxer breaking his leg. I think you could possibly use it like a nunchaku.
    lol ya, those videos of arms and legs snapping in fights always make me cringe.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.