Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hung Gar or Wing Chun

choose krav-maga

wingchun or hunggar are to complicated to learn
    Last edited by VingDragon; 09-02-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: :)

Not too complicated for me. I've never tried anything I couldn't do.

From the sounds of where you live, you might want to cross train parkour too for the CV aspect.

If you're worried about tooled up chavs in your vacinity, then maybe filipino arts (silat/arnis) will be good for you - not too dissimilar to WC.

Learn WC for fighting, Parkour for walling climbing/ tumbling, do a little Kuji-In, and Boom!!! Your a Ninja.

Lad

Quit trolling!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Quit trolling!!
    I dunno...this is the most 'fun' I've seen everyone have in a long time.

It's definitely lighter than the ol' my MMA is better than your MMA in the WC forum!

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

I'm the student and I'm really good quality.
    Then you'll have no problem making up your own mind.

Please be serious.
    If you were serious, you would have already enrolled in Dux-Ryu.

If I'm meditating in the carpark of my estate sometime
    I've heard the carbon monoxide really helps reaching those altered states of conciousness. I've often wondered if that's one of Hendrik's secrets.

I'd like to be able to sense if a chav is approaching etc.
    In a carpark, they'll probably approach a car. Meditate with your eyes open and watch for blinkers and headlights.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

fighting lad,

I suggest you take up techno dance with trendy clothes, you may find a life partner.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    fighting lad,

I suggest you take up techno dance with trendy clothes, you may find a life partner.
    Please bodhitree, your trolling is getting very tiresome. Not only is it tiresome, but it lacks any of the essential elements of humour, logic or reason. Why trendy clothes? What are you on about?

Please answer the question properly without desperately trying to be funny. It's pretty pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Lad View Post
    It's pretty pitiful.
    Actually, it's extremely pitiful.

There are only 2 systems that are worth learning. They can be learned and practiced by anyone. You do not have to be really strong or large or physically capible of leaping and jumping. Only a few people ever achieve this prowess anyway, and the rest is BS that you see on TV. Not only dangerous to the opponent but to you as well. Scientific mechanics that are really sound and repeatable. Wing chun for one, and Japanese Jujitsu for a second. You may never be a MMA star or anything, but who on this forum is? The average normal person that you will have to deal with is not going to be a martial artist. The odds are greatly against it. And no matter how good you get, if you are always going up against trained martial artists you will end up getting it kicked out of you anyway.
    In todays society you can not go around with swords and daggers and long sticks without drawing attention of the local constibulary. You sure can't use them against someone. Your best bet would be to learn to defend yourself if it becomes necessary, and avoid any situation that could lead to an encounter. Not go looking for a group of bikers to whip. Besides, in 40 or 50 years down the road you will still be able to do them. These other forms of fighting will be beyond your ability by then. Arthritis, age, injuries, all the stuff that goes with living a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    There are only 2 systems that are worth learning..Wing chun for one, and Japanese Jujitsu for a second. You may never be a MMA star or anything, but who on this forum is? The average normal person that you will have to deal with is not going to be a martial artist.
    Thanks for the advice, BUT...

What about Ninjutsu, Hung Gar and Xingyi? Aren't they worth learning? I plan on becoming a martial arts star, so it doesn't apply for me. Also, there is no such thing as "the average normal person" where I live - British Beef, Frankie Joe and Ben "the bruiser" Jenkins ALL live in my estate, and they've all been to prison. Therefore I need to be better than average... understand?

Hello,

Maybe I can be some help. It is obvious you need the real deal, the end all to be all, the whole tamale.... Please allow me to introduce you to Dr. Haha Lung. In light of the recent report about a Ninja beating up a Shaolin monk, I think you would serve yourself better by looking more closely as to what this man has to offer you. Here are the books you need: http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Arts-A.../RH86ODTVDQWO6
    Now, you have the information you need and you have exhausted your resources here. Please be careful with what you learn from these books.

What about Ninjutsu, Hung Gar and Xingyi? Aren't they worth learning?
    On a Wing Chun forum, I doubt you'll find many answers in the affirmative.

I plan on becoming a martial arts star, so it doesn't apply for me.
    In that case you'd be better learning WuShu and acrobatics.

Also, there is no such thing as "the average normal person" where I live
    Certainly not if they all lay it on as thick as you do.

- British Beef, Frankie Joe and Ben "the bruiser" Jenkins ALL live in my estate, and they've all been to prison.
    Maybe you could go to prison too and come out as tough as they are. you might even be able to pick up some Jailhouse Rock / 52 blocks in there. If trolling were punishable by a jail term, you'd probably have served several stretches already.

Therefore I need to be better than average... understand?
    I guess you have a chance unless you include intelligence.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Lad View Post
    Please be serious. I live in Leeds - Elephants are not a problem. I'm worried about chavs and hooded people with bottles and knives. If I'm meditating in the carpark of my estate sometime, I'd like to be able to sense if a chav is approaching etc. I'd like to be able to scale the side of my coucil estate too in case I'm surrounded. Those are the kinds of skills I'm talking about.
    Hi! So you're serious about it. I recommend HungFut or ZiRanMen. Its the best kungfu for all serious practitioner. email me if you have questions hans2jet@yahoo.com