Thread: Gear Question

Hybrid View

Gear Question

So I was looking for a pair of boxing gloves for a Muy Thai clinic comming up in a little over 2 weeks. I have several types of gloves, but no boxing gloves. So my questions start off with:

WTF are "cardio" gloves and are they as good as regular boxing gloves? Would they work for a MT clinic?

The only shin pads I have are the cloth style; will they sufice?

And what is the point of female groin protectors and do I really need one or was that just for they guys?

Please keep in mind that I am a die hard KF peep and have no need or want to run out and buy the best of the best, only what I need to get me through this clinic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    And what is the point of female groin protectors and do I really need one or was that just for they guys?
    You've clearly never seen a labial haematoma.
    We'd need to know more about the content of the clinic really.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

When struck, the female parts of the groin can hurt just as bad as a man getting kicked in the balls. The thing is, it's a lot harder to do it than the balls. Back in high school, these 2 girls got into a fight. The first tried to kick the other's groin. It didn't work. The girl that got hit struck the first girl's groin and it hurt. Eventually, she was able to walk around, but she had to hold at ice pack to her crotch, which she was given before she started walking.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    you need better shin guards than the cloth ones. I suggest checking out Title, Windy,Century as well.go for the leather ones as they will provide the best shock protection. Don't skimp on your protection-get the best quality gloves,pads,groin protection you can. Ask the people running the seminar. If the people running the seminar want you to wear protection, it's for good reason. One-liability,Two-for your protection

Get these Shin Guards:
    http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=22281

You can use them in lots of sparring situations, so you'll get more bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    you need better shin guards than the cloth ones. I suggest checking out Title, Windy,Century as well.go for the leather ones as they will provide the best shock protection. Don't skimp on your protection-get the best quality gloves,pads,groin protection you can. Ask the people running the seminar. If the people running the seminar want you to wear protection, it's for good reason. One-liability,Two-for your protection
    I agree. It's not about having the top name brands, but quality gear will be worth it.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

if you are under 65 kilos, buy any good quality 8ounce gloves. Over that, get 10 ounce, that way you can use them for san shou events too.
    Velcro closings type would be better than laces. if you have no objections about wearing leather, then obviously that should be a good choice too, if not, most brands usually have good pu gloves too.

I think the cardio gloves is more a marketing thing, unless they're heavier. As long as the weight is the right weight under your sanctioning body, it should be all good.

Come to think of it, I think someone once mentioned here they use 12 ounce and 14 ounce over in the US?
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )