Thread: Zheng Gu Tui Na

Zheng Gu Tui Na

I just got my copy of Zheng Gu Tui Na by Tom Bisio and Frank Butler. I am thoroughly impressed with the descriptive detail and logical approach used by the authors. Rationale for the treatment is given, along with a discussion of the regional anatomy. Intent/visualization for each hand maneuver is given which really adds to the depth of technique. Finally, strengthening exercises for the practitioner and qigong exercises are given, along with the rationale as to why they are performed. The photos are clear, the binding is solid... it was pricey, but worth every cent so far. The book seems ideally suited for all levels of practitioners.

cheers

herb ox

Zheng Gu Tui Na

Don't want your thread to die on the vine as it's a nice review of Tom and Frank's book. Maybe the moderators can fold it into the "Tom Bisio Info" thread below this one?

Best,

Steve

I would be interested in learning more about this book.

Zheng Gu Tui Na

Quote Originally Posted by dougadam View Post
    I would be interested in learning more about this book.
    http://www.zhenggutuina.com/

More information is available on the "Tom Bisio Info" thread on this forum.

Best,

Steve

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    just got back from a three-day intensive level I Tui-na through Zheng Gu Tui Na.
    The instructor, Marshall Wood, was extremely thorough,patient,pleasant,humorous,and kept the class upbeat and exciting. He was very approachable, always there to give you a hands-on.
    I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I don't recall school being this much fun.
    He also has a MA backround, so he was able to draw comparrisons between the ch'i-gung,the tui-na and teachnique in MA, which made for facinating learning experience. Of course, any class where you basically have a whole body sequence done to you several times a day is enjoyable. It's like being at a spa!
    I suggest anyone interested in Chinese body manipulation to check this out.

Zheng Gu Tui Na

Marshall's a class act. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Best,

Steve

Man, I'm jealous

I've been trying to figure out a way to get funding to attend the series on the East Coast - but for now, well, I guess I just gotta stick to the basics - back to the rolling technique

herb ox

Zheng Gu Tui Na

I believe that Tom and Frank have also been teaching up at Dan Bensky's school in Seattle.

Best,

Steve