Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFM Glossary

KFM Glossary

It occurs to me that folks on this board may have a different understanding of certain commonly used terms, so I think it's important to agree on true meanings to foster an atmosphere in which insults can be more clearly understood.

I'll start:

'Shoot' - expletive - what you whisper when your favorite, never-tested defense-against-takedowns technique fails miserably and you find yourself gradually fading from consciousness in a rear naked choke.

'Troll' - noun/verb - someone who posts things you don't like/the act of posting things you don't like

'Woman' - noun - a female of the human species which, while attainable, can provide no lasting happiness for Royal Dragon

Feel free to contribute as you will.
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    It occurs to me that folks on this board may have a different understanding of certain commonly used terms, so I think it's important to agree on true meanings to foster an atmosphere in which insults can be more clearly understood.

I'll start:

'Shoot' - expletive - what you whisper when your favorite, never-tested defense-against-takedowns technique fails miserably and you find yourself gradually fading from consciousness in a rear naked choke.

'Troll' - noun/verb - someone who posts things you don't like/the act of posting things you don't like

'Woman' - noun - a female of the human species which, while attainable, can provide no lasting happiness for Royal Dragon

Feel free to contribute as you will.
    Troll needs to be changed. If someone says they like a certain kung fu movie and why, but someone else doesn't like what was said because they thought something different, how can that be trolling?

Hippie - noun - someone that posts thoughts that could only be thought of when under the influence of some kind of mind altering substance(s), when you haven't showered in days and reek of bong water and vegetarian 'meats'.

RonH,

The above definition of troll is a tongue in cheek joke.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

'Sarcasm' - noun - A form of expression hopelessly lost on some readers of the forum. Also applies to tongue in cheek humor.

'Open-minded' - adjective - the belief that what you believe or accept is more intelligent and evolved than what most others believe or accept, typically coupled with the belief that others who think they're more open-minded than you are just crazy or stupid.

cjurakpt Guest
    moron - noun - someone who is a troll, doesn't get the concept of sarcasm and thinks he/she is so much more open minded then the rest of the world that they need to correct someone who is obviously making a joke

dueche dingleberry - noun - see moron, above; also the founder of one of the lesser known (and generally less socially appreciated) Hobbitt clans

RonH - proper noun - see Neal Hytholt / Lunghushan for full definition

sell-out - noun - any teacher of TCMA who adapts or alters his 5,000+ year old tradition in order to perform scandolous activities such as actually teaching his students something of relevance to the 21st century, paying his rent, supporting his family and having more than one pair of socks and underwear available per week
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 09-09-2007 at 09:13 AM.

'I am not the problem here' - phrase - commonly used by the person who IS, in fact, the actual problem at the location in question

'limp' - adjective - see also, 'elastic'. A little-practiced defense against elbows, attainable by mastering chi, or by thinking furiously about baseball or some other non-sexual endeavor.

random question: if something weighs 10 catties, how much would that be in pounds?

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    random question: if something weighs 10 catties, how much would that be in pounds?
    I guess it would depend on the weight of each individual small cat?

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    That was..........awful.

Simply awful........

If I were you, I'd delete that before someone sees it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    That was..........awful.

Simply awful........

Too late. I even quoted it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    i'd delete it before someone who counts see's it
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Lol.....RonH has got to be chafing by now. He's taking a real beating.

cjurakpt Guest
    That was..........awful.
    Simply awful........
    nah, I like it

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    see? I'm not the only one?

cjurakpt Guest
    Lol.....RonH has got to be chafing by now. He's taking a real beating.
    I'd suggest corn starch but he's not listening to anything I say anymore...