Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KFM Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    random question: if something weighs 10 catties, how much would that be in pounds?
    I shall be the one who takes everything too seriously...

Since one catty equals about 600 g, 10 catties is 6 kilos. wich comes to about 13 pounds, give or take.

edit: there is some contention as to what a cattie is, as it is a folk unit of measurement, and not completely standardized.
    Last edited by Becca; 09-10-2007 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

"Fu-Pow is Dead" - phrase - loosely translated as 'no really, I've changed my name. Seriously. I have. Let me tell you again. Look, Fu-Pow's still dead. Still dead again. Has anybody heard that Fu-Pow is dead yet? Nice weather we're having oh did you hear that Fu-Pow is dead? Nope, no more Fu-Pow. Not any longer. Won't ever have to see that name again. Only a seance could bring Fu-Pow back now...

Hey, did you hear that Fu-Pow is dead?'
    Meanwhile, I'll be looking for God in this box of Cheerios - Crushing Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Lol.....RonH has got to be chafing by now. He's taking a real beating.
    Chafing? What's going through your head? I'm as smooth and fresh as my clean shaven face. I don't chafe.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (disambiguation)

Usage amongst MMA practitioners- A formidable system of combat that focuses on groundwork and submission. Not without its limits, it is able to help "fill in the gaps" in one's combat range proficiency, but comes with the recommendation that you become well rounded in striking as well. An art that does not focus on brute strength, but on sensitivity and refined technique.

Usage for MMA practitioners talking to TMA practitioners-
    The only system of combat you'll ever need. The specifics depend on the situation.
    1)If a TMAist says "Hey, doesn't BJJ use lots of sensitivity, yielding, and technique?" then BJJ is a system of combat that focuses on intense conditioning, strength and power.
    2) If a TMAist says "Hey, doesn't BJJ focus on strength and power over technique?" then BJJ is a system of combat that focuses on sensitivity, knowing when to yield and apply leverage, and on refined technique.

Usage for TMA practitioners talking to MMA practitioners-
    An unnecessary system of combat that will be easily defeated by either dropping into Horse Stance, or going up on one leg, or by that elbow-drop technique you have never practiced on an opponent. Chi blasts may also be used. Since many TMA practioners get their information about BJJ from MMA practitioners on message boards, they are also led to believe that BJJ training sexually frustrates its practitioners, causing them to make unnecessarily caustic, dogmatic, rude posts on the internet. This is not necessarily true, however. Most people who make such posts very rarely train, as evidenced by the frequency of their posts.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Rear Mount a position used in ground-grappling that, while potentially advantageous in an altercation, looks like it could have been inspired by a scene from a XXX-rated prison film.

See also: North-South Position.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators