Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Iron Fist

brucelee2 Guest

You heard it here first- Iron Fist, the movie

That's right, folks, Iron Fist the movie, coming soon to a theater near you, starring Ray Parks (Darth Maul, Toad from the X Men). Y'all better batten down the hatches, cos after this mainstream movie confronts everyone out there with the omnipotence of chi, your previously small internal arts classes are gonna get large, and tkd schools by the bucketsful will go bankrupt.

Discuss-

razakdigital Guest

Where did you find out about this?

It sounds good where did you find out?

kfstudent Guest
    is this about the marvel comic book character "Iron fist" from the seventies and eighties?

brucelee2 Guest
    I found out about it today on Altavista Enterntainment News. Just go to the altavista page and then go to entertainment news. Yes, it is THAT Ironfist from the comicbook of the 70s and 80s. Its kind of funny because a couple of months ago I posted a topic here asking what style Iron Fist's powers were based on and now they're making a movie- maybe I'll find out!

peace+love-

razakdigital Guest

Thanks Mr. Lee

Thanks for the information

Eight Diagram Boxer Guest

not worried

I doubt internal martial arts (other than tai chi of course) will ever be that big. For those who want to "kick ass" they'll always be looking to BJJ and other hard forms. I don't think most people want to put in the work inherent to internal arts. I wouldn't worry about it- The movie sounds interesting though.

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu

Valraven Guest
    Iron Fist better pray to "the god of green tightsand yellow shoes" that he never steps a foot
    in Gotham. :mad:

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Iron Fist is cool, and Ray Park is the right guy.

I'd love to see "Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu", though I can't think of the right guy.

There isn't a film star out there with the requisite charisma to play the enlightened Shang, though Jet Li obviously has the physical athleticism to play the part even without wires.

Cool Immortal Iron Fist

http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/2288.htm/

. . .

Yeah. It's good.

As much as I don't like Marvel Comics (actually, the only titles I buy are from DC, and those are subscriptions), this is actually good. It's also a martial arts comic better than (what is, in comparison, crap) the Val Amorr (Karate Kid) stuff.

Martial arts notwithstanding, it's just a good book. Very accessible and involving. Very good.

Buy it. I'll stick to free pirating of digital copies. And buying the trade paperbacks.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I always prefered Shang-Chi to Iron Fist, maybe it was the crappy stories that IF had, or that really silly Costume...this one looks better though.

Looks like a pretty interesting series. The action sequences look pretty snazzy, and the art has a nice "sketchy-but-polished" look to it. I might have to check it out to get my martial media fix. At least until the Manga gods find it in their capricious nature to bring History's Strongest Disciple to the U.S...

Man, I can't wait until my ankle heals up so I can stop living vicariously through comics and video games.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

anybody ever read storm riders ?

thats a good series right there

speschially if u like wuxia
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    anybody ever read storm riders ?

thats a good series right there

speschially if u like wuxia
    Storm Riders was good. See the movie? Crap.

ComicsOne had some GREAT wuxia comics running before they shut down. The Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon manga was amazing. So was Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber.

Nice to see a fellow straight edger here too, by the way.

you can still get comics one comics under hk comics. crouching tiger is eneded thou it was only meant for15 issues

Heaven Sword Dragon Saber was TIGHT. Cool stuff. I loved those Storm Riders Chess Pieces they had too
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators