Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Iron Fist

Comics One did indeed contribute greatly to our collective Martial media pools.

Immortal Iron fist has also been Top Shelf right from the start. The first 7 issues are now available as in trade paper back as well as hardcover comic, I'd recommend either of them to anyone interested in Kung Fu in comics. The last chapter (issues #7) is a particular treat.

Regrettably Shang Chi has not been getting as respectable treatment over in the comic he's appearing in Heroes for Hire.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    you can still get comics one comics under hk comics. crouching tiger is eneded thou it was only meant for15 issues
    I was under the impression that not all of ComicsOne's stuff was purchased by HK. CTHD was, so was Four Constables and a couple other things... but Legendary Couple and Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber weren't. Neither was Saint Legend, which was interesting. LC and HSDS were awesome. I remember in like the 1st or 2nd book of HSDS there was a great image of WuJi doing chi gung with this purple chi mist at his dan tien. Awesome stuff.

I am digging the Immortal Iron Fist series as well. The first thing I noticed was that they reworked his outfit -- no more disco collar! Even though he's always been a 2nd tier character like Moon Knight, I always liked the martial arts theme, even if his various series have been a bit cheesy. This particular series is digging into his past and I like the fact that they are showing all of the various Iron Fists throughout history. The art is great and really matches the mood of the story. The upcoming martial arts tournament looks like it will be really neat as well.

I stumbled across this discussion thread about the series -- it has some great panels from the various issues where you can get a better feel for the artwork. Check it out: http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...d.php?t=111431

I liked all of the ComicsOne books as well -- Andy Seto in particular is a great artist and his stuff reminded me a lot of the old Jademan comics.

Since we're on the topic of martial arts themed comics -- I recently finished rereading all 142 issues of Lone Wolf & Cub over the course of a couple weeks -- definitely the best martial arts comic I've ever come across. Even though it's in black & white, the art is mesmerizing and the story is laden with all kinds of philosophy as well as action. It's not a "superhero" book so you would think samurai duels would get redundant after 40 or so issues, but the book really keeps the reader in suspense. It was painstakingly researched historically to give an accurate depiction of feudal Japan and there is much political suspense as well as glimpses of peasant life. Definitely a satisfying read and one that everyone should read at least once.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

yeah seto is the man i loved the way he handled cthd. i hated the movie but i loved the comic

Seto's work is stellar. He did Saint Legend and my only complaint with that is the usual manga hair styles and colors. That just gets boring, especially with the male characters being so androgynous.

Talking

Four Constables was his best work tho.

Chinses hero has great art and concept by Wing Shing Ma but the story is all over the place. I mean come on, he fights Dracula.

four constables was awesome i have all five issues it was the best. i would love to see a movie made out of this

I just bought the second issue of Four Constables. Wow. The art and color is so amazing.

I looked at Chinese Hero but couldn't quite get it. Maybe it was the structure of the book. I didn't even read it because I didn't like the layout. Art work looked great though.

four constables

yea the story is amazing to me that and crouching tiger were the best thing to come out of comics one/hk comics. to bad they only made five issues of it but trust me its awesome. okay this may sound way to you young for someone my age. but come on who's your favorite character?

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao View Post
    I am digging the Immortal Iron Fist series as well. The first thing I noticed was that they reworked his outfit -- no more disco collar! Even though he's always been a 2nd tier character like Moon Knight, I always liked the martial arts theme, even if his various series have been a bit cheesy. This particular series is digging into his past and I like the fact that they are showing all of the various Iron Fists throughout history. The art is great and really matches the mood of the story. The upcoming martial arts tournament looks like it will be really neat as well.

I stumbled across this discussion thread about the series -- it has some great panels from the various issues where you can get a better feel for the artwork. Check it out: http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...d.php?t=111431

I liked all of the ComicsOne books as well -- Andy Seto in particular is a great artist and his stuff reminded me a lot of the old Jademan comics.

Since we're on the topic of martial arts themed comics -- I recently finished rereading all 142 issues of Lone Wolf & Cub over the course of a couple weeks -- definitely the best martial arts comic I've ever come across. Even though it's in black & white, the art is mesmerizing and the story is laden with all kinds of philosophy as well as action. It's not a "superhero" book so you would think samurai duels would get redundant after 40 or so issues, but the book really keeps the reader in suspense. It was painstakingly researched historically to give an accurate depiction of feudal Japan and there is much political suspense as well as glimpses of peasant life. Definitely a satisfying read and one that everyone should read at least once.
    Lone Wolf & Cub is pretty good. Haven't read a lot, but it looks slick. If you like the samurai stuff, check out Vagabond. It's a fictionalized account of the life of Miyamoto Musashi. Like Lone Wolf & Cub, that next issue is never at the store, but finding it is part of the fun.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    yea the story is amazing to me that and crouching tiger were the best thing to come out of comics one/hk comics. to bad they only made five issues of it but trust me its awesome. okay this may sound way to you young for someone my age. but come on who's your favorite character?
    Well, I just picked up issue 3 of Four Constables AND 5,6,7,8,9 and 11 of Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber. 4,5 of Saint Legend. 5 and 6 of Story of the Tao. All for 50 cents each. They were all marked way way down at a bragain book store from 4.98, amazing! I'll be going back to pick up more stuff.

duuuude you got them for that cheap shiiit where do you live.

Getting back on topic (I guess) here's a review of the latest issue of THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST

With scans of art and such. Be warned this review will break down the whole story.

w00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Getting back on topic (I guess) here's a review of the latest issue of THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST

With scans of art and such. Be warned this review will break down the whole story.
    I wish karate comics could be this cool.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I got all of them, up to #8 and looking forward to the Annual and the rest of them.
    Great story lines.