Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Because we deserve it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Obviously you do not appreciate the significant difference in CONCEPT.
    I wasn't presented with differing concepts, I was presented with differing semantics.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    The MMA one was funnier.

In their Pimp My Gi video one of my BJJ coaches appears in a still with his coach, two UFC competitors, and another Machado black belt.

Definitely equal opportunity.
    Yup.

For real laughs, I guess we're going to have to wait for that oft requested but never delivered vid of Terence sparring - sorry, FIGHTING - or perhaps just his reaction of fright, disappointment, and despair to catching his reflection in a mirror.
    It's never been a question of what I can do or can't do. I don't hold myself out as an authority (no title, no school, etc.) or as anyone particularly skilled. So I have nothing to prove to anyone.

You look for laughs in anything you'll find them. Look for the inept, depressing and moronic in anything you can find that by the bucketload as well. It's your choice whether you filter for the 10% that's good or spend your time wallowing in the 90% that's sh1t. The latter is much easier, and has Terence has demonstrated, requires only a keyboard, not talent, intelligence, imagination, perseverence or determination.
    Boxing, wrestling, BJJ, muay thai, etc. aren't 90% sh1t and 10% "good stuff" -- as you apparently admit WCK is. Perhaps instead of accepting that WCK is 90% sh1t, we could try to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    I wasn't presented with differing concepts, I was presented with differing semantics.
    The grandmothers and their hero-worshipping offspring would disagree! Those CONCEPTS are different. Clearly you do not understand the proper time, space, and energy components. Of course these things are secret, handed-down from grandmother to grandmother in secret and only bestowed on a select few indoor students, special people who are able to warm grandmothers anus with their lips (it's called bai si in chinese) and prove their worth (monetary worth). You cannot appreciate teh difference because your grandmother did not teach you the REAL WING CHUN (TM).

The grandmothers and their hero-worshipping offspring would disagree! Those CONCEPTS are different. Clearly you do not understand the proper time, space, and energy components. Of course these things are secret, handed-down from grandmother to grandmother in secret and only bestowed on a select few indoor students, special people who are able to warm grandmothers anus with their lips (it's called bai si in chinese) and prove their worth (monetary worth). You cannot appreciate teh difference because your grandmother did not teach you the REAL WING CHUN (TM).

Oh........my bad.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

It's never been a question of what I can do or can't do. I don't hold myself out as an authority (no title, no school, etc.) or as anyone particularly skilled. So I have nothing to prove to anyone.
    That must be one of your "principles". By talking smack, you are telling us that you are better than those you criticize. I'm really looking forward to seeing you display those skills some day when your modesty permits it. I expect to be impressed.

Bill

You expect too much, Bill. If there was really anything more than just average fighting skills to be seen in a Terence video - and with an ego like his - we would have been treated to the video long ago.

It's never going to happen. Say hello to Lou Thesz's philosophy below...
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 09-09-2007 at 10:40 AM.

terences description of his wck as nothing more than ' dirty clinching ' speaks volumes.

hahahaah u guys suck mma rules

oh wait theres another vid ............

oh
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I don't hold myself out as an authority (no title, no school, etc.) or as anyone particularly skilled.
    I think everyone has come to the conclusion some time ago that T is neither an authority, other than on the production of enormous volumes of annoying, derivative prose, or has any skills worth mentioning.

If he was a good sport, he could make a vid anyway. The forum needs more laughs.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

. . . September is _ing __un sucks month at Bullshido! A well-earned pat on the back to you all. And as a treat, someone made this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7KxuDYfpSQ

which, unfortunately, can't even begin to include all the "best" stuff (there is just too much gold out there, and seems to be growing exponentially). So if you or your group was ignored, don't feel slighted or left out. I'm sure the time will come when you will be recognized.

And let's not forget the debt we owe our grandmasters: without them leading the way, we couldn't have done it. Fortunately they have passed down (transmitted) "the real secrets" (TM) of fighting and training that have gotten us to this point. We've done a great job keeping that tradition alive.

Please, keep up the good work! Keep doing those forms and the chi sao. Preserve those "concepts" and "principles" that have taken us so far.
    Very funny stuff, I would have posted in the MMA area becouse of the "type" of content but I didn't have time when the vid first came out.

I love YungChun's post about horse stance like thats really whats wrong with the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    You expect too much, Bill. If there was really anything more than just average fighting skills to be seen in a Terence video - and with an ego like his - we would have been treated to the video long ago.
    Victor,

I don't think you can draw that conclusion from a lack of video evidence. Terence is from Missouri. Isn't that the "Show Me" state?

Bill

Boxing, wrestling, BJJ, muay thai, etc. aren't 90% sh1t and 10% "good stuff" -- as you apparently admit WCK is.
    I would question that based on numbers.. 90% of boxers suck compared to elite pro boxers..

In any case, what constitutes NOT SUCKING...?

You have intimated that folks here who just do the forms and chi sao without sparring suck..

You have intimated that folks here who do the forms and chi sao and spar in/out of class also suck..

So how does one go about not sucking?

What must the level of performance be to not qualify for sucking?

Certainly most of the Tennis one can watch when visiting the local courts would totally SUCK compared to Wimbledon.. Yet they still play...at whatever level they can... Shall we MOCK those people who don't measure up to Tennis Pros or even advanced players, or is that held in reserve for your average WCK players?

we could try to do something about it.
    HOW and WHAT in the world are you proposing to "do about it?"
    Last edited by YungChun; 09-10-2007 at 08:13 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    I would question that based on numbers.. 90% of boxers suck compared to elite pro boxers..

In any case, what constitutes NOT SUCKING...?

You have intimated that folks here who just do the forms and chi sao without sparring suck..

You have intimated that folks here who do the forms and chi sao and spar in/out of class also suck..

So how does one go about not sucking?

What must the level of performance be to not qualify for sucking?

Certainly most of the Tennis one can watch when visiting the local courts would totally SUCK compared to Wimbledon.. Yet they still play...at whatever level they can... Shall we MOCK those people who don't measure up to Tennis Pros or is that reserved for your average WCK player?

I think you've hit the nail on the head here Jim. Is there a standard for comparision or are we comparing ourselves to the cream of the crop unrealistically? Why compare ourselves to professionals when none of us here want to be professional, nor do we have the ability to train in such a way or the ability to even attempt it due to limited natural abilities. IMO, if you come on here and state that your WC is undefeatable then you will have to answer to someone about that. I don't see anyone doing that here. People train in the things they like more so than in what is more effective. Is WC an effective training system, YES, but alot of it is dependent on the individual and what they want out of it, who they learn from, how they train. There are also many other methods that are effective as well. To me it is almost impossible to compare individuals on a forum like this. The only thing you can do is compare methods, and IMO WC is a good method, but the way you train it is important. The traditional way is not the best way to train absolutely for fighting, but as a way of passing along the basics it suffices. After the basics are absorbed you have to test it, explore it and experience it for yourself to make it your own, and not be a carbon copy of the person that passed it along to you. For me, I haven't even had the opportunity to get into a fight for years and years now, so I train strictly to learn the skills of VT and to pass it along to others. I don't make claims of superiority about WC nor about myself and I am not to concerned about who my next opponent will be as there hasn't been any for a long long time now

James
    Last edited by sihing; 09-10-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Boxing, wrestling, BJJ, muay thai, etc. aren't 90% sh1t and 10% "good stuff" -- as you apparently admit WCK is.
    I was paraphrasing Sturgeon's Law here, "ninety percent of everything is crap". I made no admissions. I was unaware we needed to stick to exact measurements, like "90% of fights end up on the ground". T's statement above misreprepresents my argument, hardly a surprise as he is interested only in his own self-appointed, demented mission rather than the truth.

I am advised that T also implied in one of his posts that Joe Sayah and Rick Spain had made on significant achievements in MA and had no fight records. Rick Spain had 37 pro kickboxing bouts, over 100 amateur bouts, and only retired from fighting because of an serious ankle injury sustained in a car accident. He also won an international KF tournament in HK, cancelled for the following year because too many competitors were hospitalised during the FIGHTING and no more sponsors could be found for the next year. He also had exhibition bouts with Benny Urquidez and Bill Wallace, neither of whom fought MMA, but could not rationally be described as theoreticians by anybody - at least anybody who is not delusional.

I know kickboxing ain't MMA. But it IS fighting.

Can I prove it? Probably. An inquisitor could start with old time martial artists from Melbourne involved in the late 70's early 80's kickboxing scene, perhaps in the Zen Do Kai organisation. John Will and Richard Norton (a winner of a number of high level grappling tournaments as well as a host of other MA achievements) would also be able to set the record straight.

T's own instructor, Robert Chu, has met Rick Spain, and could no doubt illuminate Terence, if not on his fight record, on Rick's skills, which Robert told me in an email were impressive to him.

That would assume T was interested in facts rather than straws and distortions of the truth to support his sorry world view.

But I suggest that it is T, not me, that has the credibility problem here. And he should worry about the host of broken panes in his own glass house before picking up any rocks.
    Last edited by anerlich; 09-10-2007 at 03:23 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Making a fool of himself on internet forums, obviously. It's working REAL well, isn't it?