Thread: holy crap @ ren guangyi

holy crap @ ren guangyi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_GULVhJmM
    how awesome is this

where can i learn cannon fist here ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I dunno, man. I mean, look at how dusty the floor is. Anyone who doesn;;'t put the time in to keep his enviornment clean, which is an outward manifestation of what is going on in your life, couldn't be capable of achieving the true mastery in Kung-Fu.
    ok, joking. Ren is an amazing sight to behold, and although I don't practice Chen style, I did get a taste when I did a seminar with his student,Jose Figuera, a great MA in his own right. Ren has made great contributions to his art and MA in general.

I'm gonna go practice. But first, I'm gonna clean my house.

I really loved "The Fountain" and I thought the Taiji Jackman was doing looked like a modified Chen stye...*Is proud of self*

Blog Entries
    Before you learn canon fist you need to learn the Yi Lu (first form.)

The canon fist techniques are what you do once you've drawn someone in by being soft. You contact, neutralize, then issue force.

FP

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    Before you learn canon fist you need to learn the Yi Lu (first form.)

The canon fist techniques are what you do once you've drawn someone in by being soft. You contact, neutralize, then issue force.

FP
    why cant u just modify it a bit use it first and turn them into completely offensive techniques so u dont have to draw anyone in u can just use em straight off

Then what's he going to do with all that other stuff?

cause then it wouldn;t be taiji. it would be something else

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    cause then it wouldn;t be taiji. it would be something else
    i dont care what its called

Then what's he going to do with all that other stuff?
    lol

exactly

i mean in a batlle do u batter the opposition with artillery first before finishing up with "softer" rifles and foot soldiers ?
    of course u do

so why not use whats strongest first i mean i have never seen this in taiji before
    and tho i like alot of the soft techniques

i think developing power like that and the ability to use it first and in sparring should be paramount before soft techniques

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    lol

exactly

i mean in a batlle do u batter the opposition with artillery first before finishing up with "softer" rifles and foot soldiers ?
    of course u do

so why not use whats strongest first i mean i have never seen this in taiji before

i think developing power like that and the ability to use it first and in sparring should be paramount before soft techniques
    It's not just about drawing them in. Yi lu develops and conditions the body and body method (shen fa) to be able to throw those fajins. Without yi lu, the quality of power generation won't be there, and you're likely to damage the joints. My teacher is a student of Chen Xiaowang, and he says it's all about yi lu. Er lu is done for fun and endurance (issuing multiple fajins one after the other).

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Blog Entries
    lol

exactly

of course u do

Because your technique has more effect once you have drawn them into a position that is unfavorable.

For example, have you ever been hit in the stomach when you weren't expecting it? Compare that to being hit in the stomach when you were bracing for it?

The point in Taiji is to "lead" someone into a position where your offense will have the most effect.

FP

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_GULVhJmM
    how awesome is this

where can i learn cannon fist here ?
    I know how ya feel... I've been trying to find a place to learn Chen style around my area too... I thought I found a school in the yellow pages, but their number is disconnected
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post
    I know how ya feel... I've been trying to find a place to learn Chen style around my area too... I thought I found a school in the yellow pages, but their number is disconnected

Where abouts in Florida is Brandon? I know Chen style teachers in South Florida (mine), Gainesville (my old CLF teacher), and I know of one in Jacksonville. I might be able to help you.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    Where abouts in Florida is Brandon? I know Chen style teachers in South Florida (mine), Gainesville (my old CLF teacher), and I know of one in Jacksonville. I might be able to help you.

Brian
    Unfortunately, Brandon is right in the middle of FL, on the west coast; It's a suburb of Tampa. If there were a few more hours in the day, the drive to Gainesville would be tempting- but with work, and a wife, and various other obligations, 5-7 hours (2 - 3 hours to get there, an hour or so for class, and 2-3 hours to get back) would be a tough commitment to make. Thanks anyway though
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Go to emptyflower and ask for good chen people near you. Dont make a habit of listening to hippies such as fu pow.

Welcome to traditional kung fu. One more of us, one less of them.