Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: holy crap @ ren guangyi

Quote Originally Posted by sunfist View Post
    Go to emptyflower and ask for good chen people near you. Dont make a habit of listening to hippies such as fu pow.

Welcome to traditional kung fu. One more of us, one less of them.
    i still intend to carry on with mma
    but chen style looks good aswell and they could probably compliment each other quie well
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

and uhh

anyone link me to emptyflower ?

i actually know one chen style place in manchester (yue liming) but its way too far to travel by bus :/ especially when i'm broke

Question

also

anyone notice that merryprankster is on fu pow's ignore list?

merryprankster always seems to have something good to say and always thinks thoroughly about it before he posts
    in fact i have nothing but respect for him

i wonder why fu pow ignores him ?

www.emptyflower.com/xingyiquan/index.html

I think the forum link is under 'drilling'.

And yeah, crosstraining is good. At your age you should be soaking up different influences like a sponge.

So you wanna fa jin?

Excerpts from an article "Training in Cannon Fist Boxing "by my kung fu uncle, Sifu Randy Choy.

"Even though every jin or "power" is important, you'll have those practitioners who only want to learn about fa jin. I can't complain because I did the same thing...."

"Fa jin can be used in fist strikes, elbow strikes, shoulder strikes, and even in your side kicks. Fa jin energy comes directly from relaxed, smooth movements. Tense or stiff movements will not produce the correct fa jin power. To understand this explosive energy, you must understand the Rules of Chuan and seek more training from your Taijiquan instructor."

"A word of caution: do not go hog crazy trying to fa jin everything all day. This is exactly what I did. In Taiwan, I tried to fa jin the trees all day. I kept punching into the trees until my knuckles were badly bruised. This produced no good results...."

"As I progressed, my teacher, Mr. Pan Wing Chow gave me three more rules to follow. First, you don't fa jin if your opponent is fighting back. Secondly, you don't fa jin if your opponent is stable, and finally, you don't fa jin if your opponent can issue power to meet your power. I take these words to heart whenever I practice Cannon Fist boxing."
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Ren is on our cover now

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/y...B.cgi/YaBB.cgi

Direct link to the EF forum.

What's with the "one more of us, one less of them" attitude. I train bagua, xingyi, and BJJ, and I'll soon start taking judo at the BJJ school. All of my arts enhance my fighting ability. It's not about choosing a style and then dogmatically convincing yourself and the rest of the world that it is superior to all others; it's about personal martial development. Are your arts tools which you employ, or are you a tool (pun intended) which your art employs?

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/y...B.cgi/YaBB.cgi

Direct link to the EF forum.

What's with the "one more of us, one less of them" attitude. I train bagua, xingyi, and BJJ, and I'll soon start taking judo at the BJJ school. All of my arts enhance my fighting ability. It's not about choosing a style and then dogmatically convincing yourself and the rest of the world that it is superior to all others; it's about personal martial development. Are your arts tools which you employ, or are you a tool (pun intended) which your art employs?

Brian
    I disagree. It IS about choosing a style and then dogmatically convincing yourself and the rest of the world it is superior to all others. Id debate your point on the matter, but your styles are all inferior so there would be little purpose to it all

Win a CHEN STYLE TAIJIQUAN LAO JIA YI LU APPLICATIONS DVD

Check out our latest sweepstakes - you could win a CHEN STYLE TAIJIQUAN LAO JIA YI LU APPLICATIONS DVD, Autographed by Ren Guangyi. Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 03/19/09. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I love the lighting and the chalk dust on the floor; very nice visual effects
    The camera shaking when he stomps the ground is neat too.
    What do you call someone who practices Dim Mak on themselves?
    Dum Fuk!

BTW, the emptyflower mentioned earlier is now http://rumsoakedfist.com/