Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
Er, why don't you just tattoo it in English?! Then you won't risk the ridicule of passing Roman legionnaires or 85 year-old English grammatarians...

Does it personally matter to you that it's in Latin? Nobody's gonna understand it right, which means you must want it for attention... so, if you want a tattoo as a conversation starter why not just get the word 'olm' tattooed on your forehead?

Not attacking you, I got ink myself, just don't understand your reasoning...

lol whats does that mean...olm?

well i like latin for one, i think the phrase looks better in latin (ie: cooler) but thats just my opinion. and no its not necesarily a conversation piece. the phrase by its nature means most people will ask me its meaning anyway, but its more like a reminder to myself.

i read the phrase in a Frank Herbert book. one from the Dune series, i dont remember what. it kind of spoke to me. more like hit me like bag of bricks for some reason. i suppose it could mean anything you want it to. the scene was set in the desert. when in the desert your pretty accepting of your choice to be there. you simply have to accept and survive. makes no sense to get angry or upset or lament the heat. as it applies to every day life it basically means "just go with the flow".

its not very well articulated pretentious bullsh!t on my part lol. but i always carry that with me when i'm stressed.