Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OT: Does anyone speak Latin?

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    OMG never speak to me again until u have seen at least one episode of space ghost

u get bravo at home? are u still a uk resident ? he's on the adult swim on there

really funny
    I'll get me mate to download it... haven't been a UK resident since 99.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

where are my manners?

oh yea and please thank your daughter for me for taking the trouble RD.

and a big thanks to everyone else who helped on this thread.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I'd just like to say here, she may not be 100% fluent in any of the languages she speaks, but how many 17 yearolds in the US can communicate in 3 languages that are not her first language?

She has been in German for several years now, and speaks that one the best.

FuXnDajenariht,

You can probably thank her later today after she gets home from school. She created an account for this and is just waiting for Gene's approval.

just get it put on a t-shirt. (or all of your tshirts)

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    FuXnDajenariht,

You can probably thank her later today after she gets home from school. She created an account for this and is just waiting for Gene's approval.
    Gene is on vacation for a while. She may not be approved for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Gene is on vacation for a while. She may not be approved for some time.
    "on vacation for a while" hmm... seems a bit suspect. is that code for saving the planet (again)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    I'll get me mate to download it... haven't been a UK resident since 99.
    really wow where u live these days ?

oh wait no u walk the earth like kwai chang caine

actually come to think of it didnt jules (samuel "bmf" l jackson) say he wanted to walk the earth ? like caine

i wonder if thats where the idea for afro samurai came from sam jackson does play him after all

i'd love to see a series where jules walkes the earth being the bmf that he is

oh wait i sense a snakes on a plain moment stay tuned in a couple of months u'l have

PULP FICTION 2 "jules' revenge"
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I walk Tokyo. It's not as big as the Earth but it's a start I guess. Most of the Earth probably smells better though.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    FuXnDajenariht,

Could you ask her, if she has time, to verify the following latin for me:

"Expiscor Substantia Consocium"

Which should mean something ambiguous and vague, which could translate to: "To Find Substance, United in Harmony"

I created it in collaboration with some latin buffs. I just want to make sure its not completely wrong. I'm a bit of a language guy myself, though not even close to her level of expertise.