Thread: OT: Why I "ignore list" people

Threaded View

Blog Entries

OT: Why I "ignore list" people

It was asked in another thread why I ignore listed such and such a person. I'll explain here so I can link this thread to my signature. Kind of an FAQ.

So here goes:

I generally put people on my ignore list who can't play nice, who want to call me names or in some way verbally insult me. I can't remember every specific ignorelister's offense but it usually has something to do with an insult. (Occasionally I do "list' people that are just obvious trolls or obviously mental.)

I could reply like I have in the past, but honestly flame wars are a waste of my time. They might be entertaining to spectators but they require too much effort for basically no reward. There is no "winner" in a flame war, only two losers.

So in my opinion the mature answer is just to disengage. Insult me all you like, I'm not going to see it, I'm not going to engage you, because its a lose-lose situation.
    I let you know it in my signature file so you don't waste your time insulting me.

I'm about win-win situations. I bounce ideas off of you, you give me feedback, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and I will take it to heart and to mind. We both learn, we both win. Contrary to what some have said, I don't ignore list people just for disagreeing with me, it is usually because of some other behavior.

We have an amazing tool here with Kung Fu Forum. Its unprecedented that so many martial practitioners can get together here and interact. Not everyone is going to get along through the process....that's OK but I think we all can learn more if we keep the drama and flame wars to a minimum.

Cheers

Fu-Pow

P.S. Anyone is always welcome to contact me off the forum at fu_pow@hotmail.com if they have cooled off and/or grown up and they want to play nice. I have taken people off my ignore list in the past and probably will again.
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 09-10-2007 at 08:29 AM.