Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kajukenbo Hop Gar

Ne pas de problem
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Hahaha My english is so bad

Steeve
    lol

I have footage of him on the park and he is wearing either a leather or jean jacket and jeans with boots, and all the students are in street clothes just relaxed sparring...roy is there as well as a black student and an egyptian student who turned my stepdad onto vegetarianism.
    I have footage when he is with peter, phil, roy, and another student on stage wearing black uniforms...peter and roy do a hop gar two man set and roy spars, but i didn't copy all of the fight from peter's tapes ten years ago. The last bit of footage I have on Kaido is I beleive from a seminar Philip hosted in the mid 80's...kaido is wearing i think a red and black or blue leather sports coat and dark pants...his hair is short and he shows a bunch of sparring drills to a class of about forty pupils. In total I actually have about an hour of Kaido footage

Here is my e-mail
    hopgarjt@yahoo.com
    Last edited by diego; 09-20-2007 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    This is the only history of Kaido I have...and it's in french...I haven't done french since elementary school Have you heard of a W.C. Wong out of San Francisco?.

"Voyons maintenant les antecedents de Kaido. Celui-ci est ne le juillet 1948 aux Philippines. A 13 ans il commence son entrainment, a 20 ans il s'etait deja entraine avec les meilleurs instructeurs sur deux continents.
    Bein que le KaJuKenBo soit sa specialite, il a egalement etudie le "White Crane Kung Fu" avec le maitre Harry Ng. Ming et les techniques de la "mante religieuse" (kung fu) avec Sifu W.C. Wong a San Francisco. Tout en etant un adepte du "style lent" chinois, Kaido etudia egalement le karate burokukai sous la direction de Richard Kim de San Francisco et le Shorin Ryu avec Latino Gonzalez aux Philippines. C'est du professeur Adriano qu'il recut les enseignements du KajuKenbo en Hawaii."

Kaido receiving 5'th dan in KajuKenbo from Emperado in the mid 70's I beleive.

http://www.geocities.com/tibetankung..._emperado.html
    Steeeve, would you do me a huge favor and translate this into proper English?...Babelfish translator always give me a headache with their translations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GpWe4_YRps&NR=1

uno, for ten years I've been trying to find info on kaido online or at least something that looks similar to his fighting form...Tony Jah is the closest I've come, minus the flips of course...I mean just the angles and the twists...I guess all good fighting form has a general similarity...it's just too bad all those ninja turtle movies from the 80's made it hard to find, lol.

Diego

No Problemo

I will try to translate that in English ...The best I could for You Bro...,let me some days......

BTW you have the same footage of me

Steeve

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Holy crap, some people are blessed by who they are exposed to.

Tuhon Leo Gaje
    Dan Inosanto
    Adjarn Chai Sirsute.
    Besar Willem de Thouars

And the list goes on...wow...

I have had the pleasure of seminars and training with Inosanto and Sirsute and just those two are a lifetime of knowledge.
    Dan Inosanto trained with GM Ark Wong years back. Dan got into most all M/A. I like him. I bet you enjoyed the training. You have been blessed.

Uncle Ron

You follow me ..... I will send you some of my certificate of seminar with Guru Dan .....just seminar .....

The Fast

Diego

No Problemo

I will try to translate that in English ...The best I could for You Bro...,let me some days......

BTW you have the same footage of me

Steeve
    Awesome Steeeve, I'm trying to find a record of death for Kaido and had no luck on google. My stepdad said Kaido died in Montreal, I was wondering if you had any info on the date and if their is any newspaper clippings of his murder. I beleive Kaido was cremated, but it would be nice to find his grave

Thanks,
    James

Diego

I saw a journal article of Kaido about Kaido murder ....He was shot(multiple shot) ...I dont have this article ...I will check to find it ....one of my old friend have it ....but long time i dont see him... in the 80...

Steeve

Diego almost finish to translate the french article ....but thats a BS articles

Who said Kaito learned the praying mantis kung fu under Y C Wong in San Francisco Y C Wong teach Hung Gar ....No Praying mantis ....

Steeve

Diego almost finish to translate the french article ....but thats a BS articles

Who said Kaito learned the praying mantis kung fu under Y C Wong in San Francisco Y C Wong teach Hung Gar ....No Praying mantis ....

Steeve
    ?? nothing about kaido seems cut and paste, let alone some BS bio

my stepdad says he remembers seeing Emperado at kaidos class a few times, and remembers going to dinner when Emperado was their, he said Emperado liked him, cuz he was young and quite...Did Kaido get his KajuKenbo directly from Emperado?.

If you take a look at the family tree of Kajukenbo ....GM Gelinas work and done a complete Genealogic tree for the Kajukenbo .....Kaito is direct with Sijo Emperado ...

Steeve

If you take a look at the family tree of Kajukenbo ....GM Gelinas work and done a complete Genealogic tree for the Kajukenbo .....Kaito is direct with Sijo Emperado ...

Steeve

right, but i remember philip wrote me saying he didn't know where kaido got his hop gar from...he said something about someone besides kaio, dacasco and emperado may have made some of his kajukenbo hop gar sets...philip wrote me ten years ago saying he contacted the hop ga reps and they denied ever hearing of kaido...and then philip highlighted that he doesn't know where kaido got it from, but he knows it works...philip is a dogbrother so his word has some weight...

http://lionsroar.name/tony_galvin_lineage_page.htm

tony galvin lists kaido and mario studied san shou under harry ng...i gotta get hold of tony galvin...how does he know of kaido, but david chin doesn't even know why he is in an article with kaido!?!...

i know kaido's crane punches work...my stepdad seen kaido fight...you heard the stories of kaido in montreal scrapping...

the fuq is it so hard to get some verification on this guy??!

another thing about kaido that is odd to me...my stepdad said kaido made up some white crane crests inthe 70's and siad they weren't going to use the kajukenbo name or something...you mentioned philip specializes in emperado method...my stepdad for the three and a half years he studied personnally under kaido in the mid 70's, Kaido only taught White Crane style...just a bit of emperado kajukenbo...

i've talked to tony a few times over the phone.