Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kajukenbo Hop Gar

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    i've talked to tony a few times over the phone.
    #? ......

i doubt he wants me giving out his number, but i think there are other ways you can contact him. let me find an email for you or something.

i doubt he wants me giving out his number, but i think there are other ways you can contact him. let me find an email for you or something.
    Cool man,
    James

Tony G. stayed with me for a few months, back in 93. He's a good guy. Let him know that I said 'hello' and tell him he can contact me if he wants. I'd love to hear from him.

Steeve and Htown you guys find the time to research for me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0cqk...elated&search=

this is very similar style to kaido's fighting form when he on the pole with the elbows and close knee stance

upping ttt

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Diego almost finish to translate the french article ....but thats a BS articles

Who said Kaito learned the praying mantis kung fu under Y C Wong in San Francisco Y C Wong teach Hung Gar ....No Praying mantis ....

Steeve
    i missed your question...that french article was in some kajukenbo papers Peter brought 10 years ago.

htown and steeve i'm still waiting on that info...

Question Kajukenbo Hop Gar

What is the style like? From your posts diego, it sounds just like Hop Gar to me. Do you practice Kajukenbo sets as well?

Diego

Ur right the crest used by kaido was a white crane crest .....Costas one of my instructor in Kaju have it I saw it....He learned from kaido and also from Philip

Thats right nobody know about Kaido background .....but the basic and some chuan fa form form the kajukenbo chuan fa branch in the 70 in Montreal was from Kaido .....later we include more of Dacascos chuan fa and Won hop kuen do stuff...I mean the form like Ha kuen,Lim po and some northern sil lum
    Since one of his senior student the late Sifu endrezzi start a school in trois riviere

But the basic was the hop gar punching .....but no forms from hop gar or lama
    Probably forms created by kaido himself(the dragon dance and so on)....

The Kajukenbo(emperado and Wun hop kuen do and the chuan fa was mostly bring By Philip) keep in mind the kajukenbo system have a lot of evolution from the Hard style kenpo to the more add of CMA in it .....Even today we could see a lot of variation in the 4 branch of Kajukenbofrom school to school

Here I talk without be sure .....Philip also said to me ....He dont know if kaido learned hop gar from Harry Ng but what he do work...

I heard from a lot of peoples
    .Kaido was a big men in Montreal even if he was 5 feet 7 and 130 lbs .... Know and respect in the MA circle and the night life

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 11-26-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    What is the style like? From your posts diego, it sounds just like Hop Gar to me. Do you practice Kajukenbo sets as well?
    Hello Xia, it seems to me Kaido took all of his martial experiance and condensed his Kajukenbo Hop Gar into a method simple and practical for the streets and the ring...like a steamlined version of Classical Southern kung fFu fighting knowledge updated for the streets of North America. I have heard a story in Lama circles that it Lama is a style to beat everyone elses, and I have also heard that Hop Gar is learned by fighting...maybe you would go to Shaolin and Jackie Chan train for twenty years get all your stances and bag power and point sparring with some chinese wrestling...then the Hop Gar Sifu would show you ideas that you would then go out in the streets and try these particular ideas...My stepdad told me Kaido would go to Montreal bars and do this...

So I would like to say Kaido cut out all the fluff but I don't know his whole method, but I can say that it seems he only trained for realism, and one can see that within his martial forms.

I'll write more shortly, have you had a gander at the Kaido article I linked at the start of this thread?.

okay i'm going to give you the raw on kaido

he started teaching in montreal around 72-73, retired in 80 my stepdad toldme he heard something about a student won a lotto and kaido tried to extort him and all the students were ****ed...around then is when he retired...sometime between 85 and 90 he was shot cuz he always called this guy a joke and treated him like **** and buddy capped him at a gambling house.

suppossedly he taught satans choice bikers and they funded him in the beginning then they got locked up and he started teaching teenagers and young guys...my stepdad thinks he was trying to form a gang.

my stepdad was a hippykid studied with kaido when he was a teenager and moved out to vancouver in his early twenties and picked up methods off kaido's students he made friends with. my stepdad was scared of kaido...like i might get robbed scared.

kaido had a asain buddy chu or something like that who would always steal drugs off the party kids uno a local thug my stepdad hated him...kaido would be conducting a class and chu would walk in all aggressive and just start banging on the heavy bag while peeps are learning forms...the class was real street mentality and my stepdad couldn't relate being vegan and into spirituality...they were all meat and potatoes greaser types.

suppossedly kaido taught in the american army and killed someone and that's how he ended up in montreal....

local karate tough guys would come in kaido's class talking **** and kaido would smack the **** out of them and resume teaching...he would always be on the phone yelling and my stepdad remebers being frightened one time when kaido was on the phone talking about i'll kill you mother****er

kaido liked cocaine

kaido loved to train

when my stepdad left kaido's class he looked at all the kung fu schools out there and couldn't relate so he went into dance.

kaido's black belt test was you stand in horse and close your eyes arms up in prayer and he side kicks you until you fall down...if you cry you fail.

kaido would always stomp your gut if you complained doing sit ups...if you complained or went halfass while sparring he would wait until an hour later and then come up when you're doing sit ups and stomp your guts with hate in his eyes...my stepdad said when he was 18 kaido scared the **** out of him, and a lot of people took what he said...eventually he was shot.

Blog Entries
    i like kajukenbo.........

some of it was inspired by Lau Bun........adriano emperado supposedly had some contact with him.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Diego

Ur right the crest used by kaido was a white crane crest .....Costas one of my instructor in Kaju have it I saw it....He learned from kaido and also from Philip

Thats right nobody know about Kaido background .....but the basic and some chuan fa form form the kajukenbo chuan fa branch in the 70 in Montreal was from Kaido .....later we include more of Dacascos chuan fa and Won hop kuen do stuff...I mean the form like Ha kuen,Lim po and some northern sil lum
    Since one of his senior student the late Sifu endrezzi start a school in trois riviere

But the basic was the hop gar punching .....but no forms from hop gar or lama
    Probably forms created by kaido himself(the dragon dance and so on)....

The Kajukenbo(emperado and Wun hop kuen do and the chuan fa was mostly bring By Philip) keep in mind the kajukenbo system have a lot of evolution from the Hard style kenpo to the more add of CMA in it .....Even today we could see a lot of variation in the 4 branch of Kajukenbofrom school to school

Here I talk without be sure .....Philip also said to me ....He dont know if kaido learned hop gar from Harry Ng but what he do work...

I heard from a lot of peoples
    .Kaido was a big men in Montreal even if he was 5 feet 7 and 130 lbs .... Know and respect in the MA circle and the night life

Steeve
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kaido taught HopGar to his student's in Montreal from 1972-1980, he retired at the age of 40, and was killed 6 or 7 years later. He taught " In the Hop Gar there
    were the following forms, Soft & Hard (Tai Chi like), Two person form, and 4
    breathing exercises. There were 44 hop gar techniques at the beginning then
    another 16 later on. There is nobody that has them all (I checked). Why we
    didn't record them all back then I don't know. Video was just beginning and
    it was reel to reel." quote from Philip Gelinas one of Kaido's top students

Steeve Ifound this old quote on Kaido's material, have you seen all of these...is the soft hard tai chi like set mentioned the one Philip does in the park video when he shows all the sets and the steaff and sword forms?...he moves slow for the first half like tai chi and then speeds up...Do you know if that has anything to do with the "Needle in Cotton" classical form?.

i know three of the breathing methods and my stepdad has two or three more...horse stance fingertips point to each other press forward at chest...inhale press palms into each other but don't touch moving forward at chest...inhale and repeat three times etcetc inhale pull fists to stomach bend forward hold...raise erect pull arms back at shoulder exhale press hands to sides...pull in inhale, press to sides exhale do three times and start over.

two

cat stance press wrists together cross hands up double tan sao style inhale, cross hand down double knife hand style exhale, do three times, rear pak sao/lead claw press at chest, thread pak sao hand up claw wrist...wind arms back, pull up center and hit bottom of elbows to chest exhale HUT press palms center forward slowly facing each other continue exhale...ssssssssssss...claw palm on top of pak sao backhand and press down to groin turning to horse, fingertips stop at groin and fingertips now face each other hands pronated...turn to cat stance on other side and repeat.

three
    horse stance pak sao in and forward at chest single hand three times and then you do hook hand in at chest tan sao at face, knife hand at face, tiger claw grab outside grip and chamber and repeat with your other arm...nonworking hand sits supine backhand on top of thigh.
    Last edited by diego; 11-26-2007 at 06:42 PM.