Thread: Vietnamese?

Vietnamese?

This is a temporary thread that will self-destruct upon receipt of an "aye":

Does anyone here understand Vietnamese, that would be willing to translate/paraphrase what is said in this video?

I'd be extraordinarily grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

Any mention of names, locations, formal structure would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 09-14-2007 at 02:35 PM.

if i could see it at work i could help you out. but i cant view myspace, or youtube.

sry.

Vietnamese Martial Art

So that you know the introduction was way way to long and just let everyone know that it was a demonstration contest for different Martial Arts and he stated that this was Shaolin Temple Kung Fu. This is in Ho Chi Minh City.

This is a style of Shaolin that is called Buddhist Temple Kung Fu, if you would have seen a better/more proper presentation you would have seen some Tiger Claw, Crane etc with Hung Gar foot work.

This is good Basic Kung Fu when properly trained, Binh Dinh is also like this as well. This was thier first to about fourth forms learned depending on how their Master teaches.

These are very basic sets/forms.

Alot of these clubs but not all so please do not take me wrong are similiar to very very commercial clubs you find now days instead of traditional as it should be. They are more like familey sports clubs.

If I could show you someone here in Vietnam who could perform this properly you would have a much better outlook on what you have seen.

I know alot about Kung Fu in Vietnam/Korea, Thailand ect.

I hope this may help but like I said not much was said but introductions and about the children etc etc.

Take care and be well
    Last edited by Phuc Carem; 09-15-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. You don't by any chance know what forms they were doing, do you? Style? Exact names of the forms?
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 09-15-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Vietnamese Martial Art

You have seen hand form#1- Can ban so dang, also #2- Nhap mon khoi quyen, and also weapon form#4 Staff- Thap bat thiet con.

Thanks man. You've been a very big help. I really appreciate it.