Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaolin in houston/Clear lake area

By the way, when did you go there DMK?

I met MASTER jUNG in the late 80's and trained briefly in early 90's. In the 80 's the school was at its highest although he had a nice following of kids he also had huge following of adults and every class ended with applications. His school was very diverse all ethnic backgrounds. In the 90 thing shifted some what , it could be because what the students are looking for, but the basics remained the same, that is if the public classes are still 2 hour

do they happen to do sanda at maing yul jungs? I was interested in learning sparring, althouhg i still am interested in wushu. Thanks

I don't know about the school you asked about, but since nobody replied...

We spar at my school, and we used to fight once a week ("sparring night"). As of right now, we only have one class a week because we are trying to find a better location for the school.

Note: When I say my school I mean the school that I go to - I'm not an instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by wushuguy2010 View Post
    do they happen to do sanda at maing yul jungs? I was interested in learning sparring, althouhg i still am interested in wushu. Thanks
    At the ISWC we teach sparring on Sunday's from 4 to 5. It is a mixture of San Da, Shuai Jiao, and kick boxing. It is a pretty cool class.

Hey, I can't tell you for certain or not now, but his son (and from what I heard, Master Jung as well) used to teach Sanda. His son didn't have a particular day he taught it though... it was just kinda random when he decided to. Check with him though if you're interested. I would think he'd still teach Sanda and he may have it on a specific day, but I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nards View Post
    Hey, I can't tell you for certain or not now, but his son (and from what I heard, Master Jung as well) used to teach Sanda. His son didn't have a particular day he taught it though... it was just kinda random when he decided to. Check with him though if you're interested. I would think he'd still teach Sanda and he may have it on a specific day, but I really don't know.
    Iagree with Nards, they use to be big on sanda , but things could have changed depending in the interest of the students. Could he train you in sanda yes, but let him know from the beginning .His son in beijing(chun) was big on sanda AND won a some big fights. As for your wushu training that goes without saying he is GREAT.I wish u the best on either schools u decide , I am happy there is a interest in CMA here in Houston.

Looking for a good wushu school??

Katy Texas. Make the 45 min drive.

http://www.xuanwutang.net/

45 minute drive...if you do that, you are definitely part of the a$$hole problem of drivers in Houston.

To get to Katy from Clear Lake....

Well, you COULD take Hwy 6 all the way around until you get to Westheimer...then go west for about 20 minutes.

From Clear Lake to Westheimer via 6 puts you through First Colony and such...try 1.5 hours at most times.

Or you could take Beltway 8... go 45 up to Beltway, then 8 to I-10, then I-10 to Katy. That one is about an hour to I-10..then you have the he11 of construction on a major freeway.... not gonna be a good drive.

Bottom line, in perspective, going from Clear Lake to Katy is like driving THROUGH Rhode Island at the longest point. It is from one extreme of Houston to the other....not an option for most working people except on a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    45 minute drive...if you do that, you are definitely part of the a$$hole problem of drivers in Houston.

To get to Katy from Clear Lake....

Well, you COULD take Hwy 6 all the way around until you get to Westheimer...then go west for about 20 minutes.

From Clear Lake to Westheimer via 6 puts you through First Colony and such...try 1.5 hours at most times.

Or you could take Beltway 8... go 45 up to Beltway, then 8 to I-10, then I-10 to Katy. That one is about an hour to I-10..then you have the he11 of construction on a major freeway.... not gonna be a good drive.

Bottom line, in perspective, going from Clear Lake to Katy is like driving THROUGH Rhode Island at the longest point. It is from one extreme of Houston to the other....not an option for most working people except on a weekend.

Ummm okay. Traffic is everywhere in any large metropolitan cities. Sounds like some people need to relocate if it bothers them that much. You can either drive for about an hour or sit in traffic for about an hour regardless of where you go these days. Some people don't mind the drive if its for a good reason and worth thier time. Weekends are a great option for many of the working people.