Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sifu Charles Wins title at Total Fight Challenge

bodhitree - We are working on getting the vid. as soon as i do, i will post it on youtube.

Royal Dragon - I teach at Super kicks out in Plainfield. Sifu Johnny just opened his school in Evergreen Park a few weeks ago. And yes, Master Gia is Gia Spencer (now Gia Wilson). I feel your pain as she had me doing 5/5 minute rounds five days before my fight and running the day before. She is definitely tough!!

BruceSteveRoy - I will be fighting again in the future. I am also training some of my students to compete as well.

MasterKiller - We call our ground fighting Tsai Gou Chuan because we feel it is encompasses a lot. Most of the traditional ground deals with disabling strikes that can't be used in combat sports. A lot of the takedowns are applied by 'illegal' strikes as well.

Mr Punch - I appreciate the question. Once i get the video up i think you will see what i'm talking about. For much of the the ground fight, i defended his sub attempts and countered with punches from the top. I didn't go for basic submissions even though i know them and i had a few opportunities. He's a strong grappler and I didn;t want to play his game.

When he wound up on top, my leg was in perfect position to throw on top and finish him off. Of course I know what a triangle choke is. I study other arts to be able to do what they do and defend what the do and counter what they do. Again, that is what lets us compete in point, TKD, sub grappling and kickboxing. My Brown Sash Leo Perez, won his last fight (for the ammatuer title), with a heel hook. This happened after he knocked the guy down with a reverse punch.

Hopefully, I will have the vid up by the weekend.

We call our ground fighting Tsai Gou Chuan because we feel it is encompasses a lot. Most of the traditional ground deals with disabling strikes that can't be used in combat sports. A lot of the takedowns are applied by 'illegal' strikes as well.

Reply]
    Can you elaborate on the history of this system? I am assuming Master Tsai developed it?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Good work, congrats on the win.

Your philosophy is not to grapple or do jujutsu, yet submitted him with a triangle? Did you learn that triangle in your TCMA, or was that one from your BJJ? If it's the latter, could you explain how you put this down as a TCMA win?

Not being funny, just interested.

Cheers.
    Congrats to Sifu Charles. FYI, he and one of my Full contact Kickboxers who also holds a national title will appear with me on the cover of the next Art of the warrior magazine. the article will be on how our Schools trains CMA to be not only street effective but also proven ring effective. We will be shooting the photo's on the 30th.

As far as how this would be considered a win for TCMA. Sifu Charles merely "finished him" with a triangle, but he beat him sooooo very bad all the way up to the finish with his kung fu balance, reflexes, speed,coordination, timing and hand strikes and lighting fast kicks, leaving his opponent with two swollen eyes and battered face. sounds like a pretty good beating to me, then he tapped him out on top of it.

Truly a win for a Kung Fu fighter.

All the best,

Waysun Johnny Tsai

www.tsaiskungfu.net
    Last edited by Johnny Tsai; 09-21-2007 at 11:26 PM.

I suppose the important question is: "Did you look cool while you were doing it?"

If so, sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    I suppose the important question is: "Did you look cool while you were doing it?"

If so, sweet.
    THIS is what makes a kung-fu fighter a kung-fu fighter.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Congrats on the win!

I'm taking my first steps into the cage, myself, come November 3rd for King of the Cage Canada. I, too, am primarily a TMA striker (Xing Yi and San Da), but have done some cross training in wrestling to prepare me for grappling. Like you, I know basic submissions, but generally use my wrestling to put me in a position to ground and pound (I actually prefer it from the guard, rather than mount).

Good to see some TMA representation in MMA
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice