Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online kung fu training

Online kung fu training

this may sound weird but does anyone know of where to learn kung fu online? or does anyone want to teach me kung fu online? that would be awesome.
    somebody could film forms or techniques and let me watch them.

it would be like me being someones online disciple. and i would have to train with watever u show me to do

bah, but anyway. is there a place i cn learn kung fu online. maybe learn some techniques and stuff. certain forms of different styles would be nice.
    ive been really comtemplating how kung fu could benefit my life mentaly and physically

any online sifu's? O_O

$300 per form.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

ehhh.. i see how u guys are.. seems like u guys are more motivated by money than simply learning kung fu...
    watever, keep ur forms and techniques. ill learn by other means

and good luck with ur "money-greed kung fu"

I am actually more interested in training with someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and work one on one with real people. Instead of hiding behind the internet and not applying what they learn.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

wat do u mean afraid to show wat ive learned.
    i live in virginia. wat state do u live in again?

i actually like to show people wat i have learned. my friends who arnt into kung fu or martial arts dont really pay attention to me whenever i try and talk to them about it.

so i only have a few friends that are interested in martial arts. i demonstrated my sidekick that ive been working on in front of one of my friends. hes taken muay thai lessons for 3 years; he said they were a little too stiff.
    i argued with him that chambering the leg when u do a kick somehow lessons ur overall kick power. after that he showed me the basic traditional muay thai form. it was strange to see. we plan to spar soon at his gym withhis teacher refereeing.
    but they use boxing gloves. so i dont know how that will go.

im trying to learn some from another kickboxer that i know. he claims that he held state champion in his division for 3 weeks. i havnt sparred with him yet but he showed me a couple kicks he knows.

i dont live close to these people, but if i did i would be joining in on their training routines with them.

to tell the truth im not the type to "hide behind the internet" when it comes to martial arts. i jus came here to see if there were people like those i mentioned.

www.johnswang.com teaches online courses.

thanks for showing me that masterkiller it looks very interesting.
    if i were to pay for training, i would rather go to an academy. i mean theres one around my area, but it doesnt teach Zui Quan, Tai Chi, or Northern Praying Mantis.
    http://www.easternacademy.com/
    ^ academy around my area, just about the only one other than TKD gyms. which im not interested in TKD

they teach Muay Thai, but im not so interested in that style just yet. it seems like something i want to learn, and i have friends taking that class already. my close friend is actually paying extra for "special" more intense sessions in Muay Thai

bah.. ill meet someone eventually

I could possibly tell you a few things or maybe even show you a few things not much though. I am a red belt in gung-fu. i have some basics that would be of some help or even if you find an online sifu i might be of assistance.

I can teach you the super-secret shao'lin style of beetle turd kung fu.

Are you interested? I've been training for 70 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by GiggityZZ View Post
    this may sound weird but does anyone know of where to learn kung fu online? or does anyone want to teach me kung fu online? that would be awesome.
    somebody could film forms or techniques and let me watch them.

it would be like me being someones online disciple. and i would have to train with watever u show me to do

bah, but anyway. is there a place i cn learn kung fu online. maybe learn some techniques and stuff. certain forms of different styles would be nice.
    ive been really comtemplating how kung fu could benefit my life mentaly and physically

any online sifu's? O_O
    Choy Li Fut

Shaolin

IronPalm

Have fun!!
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by grimwolf2003 View Post
    I could possibly tell you a few things or maybe even show you a few things not much though. I am a red belt in gung-fu. i have some basics that would be of some help or even if you find an online sifu i might be of assistance.
    oh yea, im just looking for someone who wants to simply teach me. but im not actually just looking for a free online teacher, i want someone just to conversate with about kung fu, offensive and defensive scenarios and concepts, etc. u sound like the type of person i could get along with as well, how long have u been practicing gung-fu?

Quote Originally Posted by GiggityZZ View Post
    oh yea, im just looking for someone who wants to simply teach me. but im not actually just looking for a free online teacher, i want someone just to conversate with about kung fu, offensive and defensive scenarios and concepts, etc. u sound like the type of person i could get along with as well, how long have u been practicing gung-fu?
    ok, tell me what you wanna learn. lets see how can i help you.

Thumbs up John S Wang

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    www.johnswang.com teaches online courses.
    I love Shuai Jiao!

Dude online training is just supplementary for people who already know what they are doing. Tell us where you live in Virginia and maybe we can find you a good school. The Jow Gar is Virginia has a great reputation. They have schools in Virginia Beach, Richmond, Newport News, White Plains Maryland, and Owings Maryland.

The ONLY way you are going to get good is hands on training with a GOOD teacher.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

There is absolutely no way you could learn kungfu or any other martial art via a video link or recorded. You need to be taught properly. If you do something incorrectly the teacher can advise and correct, without one there you may teach yourself incorrectly, and think its right

A video cannot teach you applications better than a teacher can. Learning a form without knowing the basics (stances, footwork, body position) is pointless. Anyone can learn a pattern or form by copying it, but you will not learn its applications etc.

Before you do your first form or pattern you have to have some knowledge of you basics

Go to a school, you will learn far more, and it wil be cheaper!
    Last edited by spaced; 10-15-2007 at 04:49 AM.