Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online kung fu training

ok when i made this thread, it was not intended for people to come and criticize my intentions.

but i am thankful for the advice people have been giving me about finding an actual teacher.
    to those people, i am and have been in search of a teacher since even before i joined these forums. Although i have not found a true sensei that KNOWS what he/she is doing, i know numerous people who have taken martial arts lessons in the past. and even some of those poeple are still taking lessons.
    i get them to demonstrate what they have learned so far and i attempt to practice with them.

its true that my posture and execution arnt exactly perfect from wat they should be, but with practice i can accomplish it. my mates have actually invited me to come with them to their lessons just to watch and observe but i've yet to go and do that.

anyway, does anyone want to tell me the procedures for a side-kick?

Here is something to check out:

http://www.streamingmartialarts.com/

Good luck...
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

Quote Originally Posted by GiggityZZ View Post
    oh yea, im just looking for someone who wants to simply teach me. but im not actually just looking for a free online teacher, i want someone just to conversate with about kung fu, offensive and defensive scenarios and concepts, etc. u sound like the type of person i could get along with as well, how long have u been practicing gung-fu?
    sorry it took so long to get back to you. Ive been training for about 7 years now just in gung fu. Ive also trained in tyi, hupkido. Ive wrestled for 12 years in school and I was in the air force pararescue to be excact. air force pararescue and the navy seals cross train with each other. so i may have a few pointers~L~ As with every style gung fu has its good serviceable applications and some that are shal we say, just traditional. My sifu trained me and a few others in practical uses of gung fu as well as tradition. It takes a long time to aquire the different belts if your taught by a sifu who has training in mind and not driven by the all mighty dollar. Belts are not really important..im told if I would have been taught by some instructers then i would have been black belt several times over. You never really ever stop learning anyways. theres always something to learn. grimwolf2003@yahoo.com email me if you have questions or want to start learning a few things...oh...I could never be able to teach you what a real live sifu could one on one..know what i mean?