Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I need guidance

Now I need guidance

I am as many say, a weakling. I'm trying to find a good style to practice martial arts-wise. If you are to help me out with this you may require a basic overview of the kind of person I am and the way I am physically. I am 5 feet 1 and a half inches tall. I weigh 135 pounds. I have flexibility in my knee joints wheras I can twist my lower leg to be vertical while I sit. I where glasses and have have a slightly chubby complexion. I have definite muscles on my arms and legs.

Now for psychology. My favorite animal is the tiger. My favorite color is green. I like to move around a lot, but I tend to run out of breath easy. I like to run a lot and I can meditate to the point of seeing definite colors.

If this is enough information, could people help me decide what form of martial arts would be best suited for me? I don't know enough about them to choose for myself.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09

I suggest you look to see what it is you find near you that seems to fit.

Barring that, I think you should do Long Fist to start out with. It will definitely help build your wind.

Of course, a good teacher of any style is more important than the style itself.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I suggest you look to see what it is you find near you that seems to fit.

Barring that, I think you should do Long Fist to start out with. It will definitely help build your wind.

Of course, a good teacher of any style is more important than the style itself.
    wait wait wait. he said his favorite colour is GREEN. do you even read posts before replying? long fist is only for people whos favorite colour is orange, green is mantis or bagua; but it doesn't sound like you will need instruction anyway, you can already see colours when you meditate... thats high level qigong.

*edit. sorry just saw the chubby cheek part, in that case you were born to take lama pai.
    Last edited by street_fighter; 09-20-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Sorry, Bagua is an imperial art. Purple is the color of Royalty. Gold too...

yellow is the color of the emperor.

green is not only for insects but also for reptiles.

if you are into shaolin fist, you would be asked to do xiao hong fist or little red boxing.

--

whatever is available to you as RD pointed out.

--

sounds like you need to go on the show, "the pick up artist" on vh1
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Buy a set of weights, use them daily in the privacy of your own home. Pay attention to proper alignment rather than how much you can lift. Show determination and slowly you will make progress.

As for martial arts, if youre looking for a zen answer here it is: You dont understand your question. In the mean time, experiment with a few different martial arts and see which fits you best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRq33...elated&search=

northern boxing all started from here.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Dai Sing Pek Kwa-Monkey Style. You were born for this. Too bad you don't live near NY-I know a Sifu who is looking for someone to pass this on to. So you're basically fukked.

I'm only a few states off. After I finish high school I could check it out. And the spelling errors I had earlier, it was because I kinda do meditation and stuff in secret.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09

with your background in meditation you may want to think about falun gong!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    with your background in meditation you may want to think about falun gong!
    *places face in palm, and shakes head*

I meant that I don't like my parents to know I do this stuff, or really my brother in particular, so I was typing at 50% zoom. Kinda hard to check spelling errors at that.