Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF is the purpose?

WTF is the purpose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2GoY4Wd9M&NR=1

spin kicks on a wooden dummy?...who is he fighting

Reminds me of an old CLF classmate of mine who studied Isshin Ryu karate. The body mechanics just seem so unrealistic. No fluidity, everything very stiff.
    Fire Dragons's Current Ignore List :
    hskwarrior*chasincharpchui*k-no*buck sing gwoon yenhoi*fatherdog*water dragon*infrazreal*charn fu gerk*havick01*banditshaw*ironweasel*merryprankster * lkmdfc*sunfist*pork chop*mr punch*greencloudclf

is he slowing it down to demonstrate the moves or is it supposed to look like that? i have never seen karate kata so sorry if thats a dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    is he slowing it down to demonstrate the moves or is it supposed to look like that? i have never seen karate kata so sorry if thats a dumb question.
    As far as I know that is how it is supposed to look, although this guy is really over exaggerating things.
    Fire Dragons's Current Ignore List :
    hskwarrior*chasincharpchui*k-no*buck sing gwoon yenhoi*fatherdog*water dragon*infrazreal*charn fu gerk*havick01*banditshaw*ironweasel*merryprankster * lkmdfc*sunfist*pork chop*mr punch*greencloudclf

I'm not really up on my history and all, but I wasn't aware we had eleven world wars?

oh, and for a "talented" martial artist who has taught "the best", he rots
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

OMG! Who in thier right mind whould think that was how it was supposed to look? I could start with the staff "kata" and how the staff didn't even touch the floor when he was sweeping. And the arm scrapes... No. This guy has no idea what the movements are suposed to be doing. Even if he was slowing it down and exagerating it, you should still be able to see good technique. He has none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

There are so many things "un okinanwan goju" in that empty handed kata, I don't know where to begin, the most obvious being how he "tucks" his chin, the upper body posture and what is up with that "wooden dummy" stuff ?

I've seen less ridged movement in a popsicle stick.

I thought he was making everything up as he went along, which would explain the pauses between every move and the mad over-repetitions of the same techniques, which didn't make much sense anyway. He most likely learned a little san chin and mixed it with whatever he thought was cool or that he saw on some videos.

Or perhaps he's the real ascendant of Shaolin-Do.

The way he's rounding his upper back and sinking his chest is reminiscent of Chinese Haka styles, like WuZu Quan (5 ancestor's Fist).

He arches his lower back to a degree that makes it pointless though.

The staff set in the beginning has some similarities to Southern Tai Tzu Quan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    The way he's rounding his upper back and sinking his chest is reminiscent of Chinese Haka styles, like WuZu Quan (5 ancestor's Fist).

He arches his lower back to a degree that makes it pointless though.

The staff set in the beginning has some similarities to Southern Tai Tzu Quan as well.
    Except his stances are too wide for that to be of any use.
    His staff work was as similar to real staff work as getting kicked in the groin is similar to choking the chicken.

His staff work was as similar to real staff work as getting kicked in the groin is similar to choking the chicken.

Reply]
    Yeah, all that too. He's poorly corrected. Probably from one of those traditional teachers that shows you once, and you have to be smart enough to just "get it" from that.

His staff work was as similar to real staff work as getting kicked in the groin is similar to choking the chicken.[/I]

Reply]
    Yeah, all that too. He's poorly corrected. Probably from one of those traditional teachers that shows you once, and you have to be smart enough to just "get it" from that.

Reply]

Or someone that has "learned" from a Book or video.

Reply]
    Or someone that has "learned" from a Book or video.

Reply]
    That is possible...although my book learning never looked that bad....my OYD training did though.

OYD does not do the Dragon back, or I would say he probably came form them, or some similar group.

OYD ?

Over
    Yonder
    **** ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

bad posture, over exageration, no idea what the moves are. this guy sucks rocky mountain oysters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.