Thread: United Schools of self defense.

United Schools of self defense.

There website has a "secrets of shaolin" book set that they sell for hundreds of dollars. Anyone know what is the deal with a picture of the "abbot" handing Mr. Materra a wooden box filled with the "secrets of shaolin"? for him to sell over the internet?

what is his relation with the shaolin monks.

I mean they seem to attend his belt promotion ceremonies, so they have some kind of relation no?

or is it all bs.

anyone here review the so called "volumes" that he is selling?

and not that anything real was in the box, why is he selling it like snake oil?

anyone?

On another forum, I spoke to someone who bought it. It is exactly like the 72 Consummate Arts of Shaolin book, but more expensive and even more vague.

Mattera's only connection to the Shaolin monks is through the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    this is a long thread does it eventually get to the books?

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    On another forum, I spoke to someone who bought it. It is exactly like the 72 Consummate Arts of Shaolin book, but more expensive and even more vague.

Mattera's only connection to the Shaolin monks is through the bank.
    Expensive and exploitive. That is a real shame. anyone else read the ad on his website?

There is a lot of that out there.

From his add, it sounds like he may have gotten a copy of the Shaolin Encyclopedia.

We all know he paid a good sum of money, so maybe it's more like he BOUGHT a copy.

The issue of the books is in that thread somewhere.