5 19.23%
  • 25-30

4 15.38%
  • 30-35

4 15.38%
  • 35- ?

13 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At what age do you think you'll peak?

Athletically? Peaked about 3 or so years ago. Nothin comes easily any more, but it's much faster to back slide. I can still regain what I lost, but it doesn't take as long to start back sliding it's much harder to "get it back" than to just maintain it in the first place. I don't run for a few days and I feel it right away. Then spent the next 2 or more weeks working back up to that level.

But skill set wise, I'm still growing. Before, I used to find a few things that worked and just beat them to death. Now I have to use my head more. maintaining and increasing my "tool box" is no longer a punch line but a passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I think I was in my best fighting shape at 36...injuries resulting from said fighting combined with stress have taken a toll in the last 4 years.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Athletically? Peaked about 3 or so years ago. Nothin comes easily any more, but it's much faster to back slide. I can still regain what I lost, but it doesn't take as long to start back sliding it's much harder to "get it back" than to just maintain it in the first place

Reply]
    At 39, I am finding it is much harder to move forward, than it used to be, BUT I seem to slid back much slower too!!

I will be 28 on Friday. I plan on peaking athletically around 35 or so. So today I enjoy pasta and sloth, and in a few years the real training begins.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

No, train your ass off now, so you reach the highest peak possible by 35. Then in your 60's, you will still be outdoing the 25 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    No, train your ass off now, so you reach the highest peak possible by 35. Then in your 60's, you will still be outdoing the 25 year olds.
    I am a firm believer of 6 months on 2 months off...every 8 months I hit a new peak. Its good stuff.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

At 39, I am finding it is much harder to move forward, than it used to be, BUT I seem to slid back much slower too!!
    Nobody likes a bragart...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

This sounds a little hokey- but I'm a firm believer in that you're as old as you feel. I'm 30 something, and I feel the same as I did when I was in my early 20's. The difference is that, if I want a break, I'll blame it on age and nobody argues with me.

----

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I will be 28 on Friday. I plan on peaking athletically around 35 or so. So today I enjoy pasta and sloth, and in a few years the real training begins.
    i turn 28 on the 5th myself. HBD in advance.

Athletically? Peaked about 3 or so years ago. Nothin comes easily any more, but it's much faster to back slide. I can still regain what I lost, but it doesn't take as long to start back sliding it's much harder to "get it back" than to just maintain it in the first place

Reply]
    u know, i am no where near your level of decay, but i do notice that if i am out due to injury or what not, over the years, it has become easier and easier to "get back up to speed" so to speak.

i hope this trend continues

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Nobody likes a bragart...
    Or bad spelling....."Braggart"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i turn 28 on the 5th myself. HBD in advance.
    Appreciate it. We just had a baby on the 21st...so my celebration was triumphed by a cute little bundle of joy...but ya know, no big deal!
    ------
    Jason

Peak at what?
    Athletically?
    Skills?
    Focus and determination?
    Spirit?

And if we talk athleticlly, are we talking overall, or focused on your fighting style?

Most elite athletes call it a day around 35. That says a lot.

Overall, for regular folks, I reckon it has to be well into the 40s. You have all your foundations, and physical skills, your body is as strong as it will ever get, if not a little slower...

You've done your fitness routines for many years now - you is what you is.

And, you have the experience and techniques to capitalise on them, and perhaps even a little less hesitation to use them equitably.

Closing in on 50, sh1t begins to wear out, break down, and take a lot longer to heal. Working out is more like taking a vintage muscle car out. Couple of burnouts, bit of ratting around - ok, but you still got to baby it a bit, and avoid any silly mistakes...even if you can turn 13 second quartermiles.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    ..so my celebration was triumphed by a cute little bundle of joy...but ya know, no big deal!
    Congrats! Sounds like you already peaked!

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Most elite athletes call it a day around 35. That says a lot.

Overall, for regular folks, I reckon it has to be well into the 40s. You have all your foundations, and physical skills, your body is as strong as it will ever get, if not a little slower...
    Precisely. Most MAists, well at least TMAists never even reach their peak potential, cos they don't do anything athletic enough!

With me, everything's still getting better... except my healing rate.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Yea, healing rate - gotta hate that healing rate.