View Poll Results: Are you a CMA with real fight experience?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I train CMA and have had real fights

25 73.53%
  • No, I train CMA and never had a real fight

9 26.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight Poll

Fight Poll

Ok, how many train in CMA and have had more than one real fight (non-sport, non-competition).

Let's see if we can track down all these CMA guys that cave in when punched.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 09-25-2007 at 11:39 AM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Does the Taco Bell dog I kicked when it bit my kid count?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Only if he hit back.

Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

What if the actual fights i have been in all occured prior to my CMA training?

i grew up and stopped getting into brawls. and no, i do not do any sport fighting.

though i will say i have had some really rough "sparring" matches since i began trainng.

4 busted ribs, on two different occasions. bit through my mouthpiece and chipped a tooth, been kicked/punched in the head and dropped numerous times, then your various other blunt damage...

maybe im a puseh

I'm going to say any adult fights count, whether pre or post CMA training.

The point being have you experienced a real life attack. There are some who feel most CMA guys would be shocked by a real life attack and are clueless about real fighting.

Myself, I've been there before so I'm not surprised by anything. I think I've outgrown it too, last scrap was in my mid 40's.

But it looks like I'll be coming out of retirement to straighten out my daughters ex-husband.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 09-25-2007 at 12:18 PM.

I had one "encounter" in college. I didn't get hit, but the guy took a swing and I was able to lock him up and hold him down until campus police arrived. He was pretty drunk and causing a ruckus to begin with.

I had another encounter, but the guy backed down before anything came of it.

I had numerous scraps growing up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Ok, how many train in CMA and have had more than one real fight (non-sport, non-competition).

Let's see if we can track down all these CMA guys that cave in when punched.
    Does getting into physical fights with my ex count? If so, yes I have. Though honestly, once I got serious with my training in Pai Lum, I also got better at avoiding fights with the B@stard.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Never been in a fight. I promised my first teacher as a teen that I would never use martial arts to hurt others, and since then never had a problem I couldn't talk out of. Plus I always have a huge stupid looking grin on my face and raggedy clothes so no on thinks I'm much of a threat. Plus I live in Oakland CA and no one fights here.

-Jess O

i dont train cma anymore

and ive had a fair few fights

i still incorporate elements of cma in to my ,mixed martial arts

does that count ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Only if he hit back.

I nailed him with a 1 hit knock out...that should count!
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    do fights while a bouncer count?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

are we talking fair fights toe to toe? or are we taking anything with violent force into account....cause that changes a lot

do fights while a bouncer count?
    If the do, I gave up trying to count a long time ago. Probably low to mid thirties .

If not it reduces mine to single digits or VERY low doubles. I`m just a big sweet Pooh-bear type, and nobody really wants to swing on Whinnie the Pooh.

Nowadays I like to think I`ve outgrown my past.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen-frozen View Post
    If the do, I gave up trying to count a long time ago. Probably low to mid thirties .

If not it reduces mine to single digits or VERY low doubles. I`m just a big sweet Pooh-bear type, and nobody really wants to swing on Whinnie the Pooh.

Nowadays I like to think I`ve outgrown my past.
    i need your secret...I honestly keep trying to come off like Whinnie 'ther' Pooh but most people take me for a rabid grizzley....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

i need your secret...I honestly keep trying to come off like Whinnie 'ther' Pooh but most people take me for a rabid grizzley....
    Stop dribbling.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan