Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iron shirt Qi Gong

How does Iron Shirt protect nerve clusters like the solar plexus?

_william_

a. by wrapping

and

b. by bringing the water body to the fore

and

c. by conditioning to respond

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Pardon? I don't quite understand that. Could you please elaborate on those points?

Thanks.

sorry _william_, you'll have to try it.

try starting with this http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/prat102.html

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Best Iron Shirt

Has anyone done a comparison of Iron shirt training methods? There are a lot of seminars, books, and video's out there and it seems as though the arts that do train it, all train it a little differently. What common principles have you found?

Iron Shirt

Thanks for passing that thread on to me. Most of the methods I found listed there are what I refer to as "breathe and squeeze" methods. Do you have any idea what's going on physiologically with them?

Andy

Andy,

I don't know but if I have to speculate, I say it is like an inflated ball. It prevent the internal cavity from suffering direct impact trauma. The old criticism for this type of iron body: it is like having a hard casing but delicate glassware inside the [treasure] chest. if you shakes it a lot, the glassware still gets destroy.

wm
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 10-06-2004 at 11:50 PM.

Iron shirt Qi Gong

Can anyone comment on any Practical effects of this practice as it relates to fighting ?

When punches cause Booo, Boos on other people, they will not cause them on you.

Quote Originally Posted by woodendumby View Post
    Can anyone comment on any Practical effects of this practice as it relates to fighting ?
    this training is on relax mode, the body can get used to pounding, so it can absorb punches or kicks.

its training comes with herbal medicine.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    studies made by insurance companies(not sure how this is done-but this is what I read once) indicate that people who were invoved in contact sports, such as Martial Arts, Football, Rugby, Hockey, etc., had much better survival rates in auto collisions due to the strengthening of the fascia and support of the internal organs. Many deaths were caused by massive trauma. Sort of like shaken baby syndrome. The impact training, pressurizing and breathing exercises,are said to strengthen the internal organs in just such a way. In TCMA, beating, and impact massage is said to stimulate the organs, remove stagnation, as well as breathing methods to tonify and strengthen the immune system. The lymphatic system as well as cerebal spinal fluid is pumped through movement. Iron Body combines all of this in a series of exercises and postures. The pressure testing is probably the most recognized aspect of this training, and probably the most exagerrated as well.
    I would be interested in what Chris Jurak has to say on this topic, as well as Steve Lamande.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    nice concise definition TT.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    studies made by insurance companies(not sure how this is done-but this is what I read once) indicate that people who were invoved in contact sports, such as Martial Arts, Football, Rugby, Hockey, etc., had much better survival rates in auto collisions due to the strengthening of the fascia and support of the internal organs. Many deaths were caused by massive trauma. Sort of like shaken baby syndrome. The impact training, pressurizing and breathing exercises,are said to strengthen the internal organs in just such a way. In TCMA, beating, and impact massage is said to stimulate the organs, remove stagnation, as well as breathing methods to tonify and strengthen the immune system. The lymphatic system as well as cerebal spinal fluid is pumped through movement. Iron Body combines all of this in a series of exercises and postures. The pressure testing is probably the most recognized aspect of this training, and probably the most exagerrated as well.
    I would be interested in what Chris Jurak has to say on this topic, as well as Steve Lamande.
    The correct, I would add the "fight specific" impact conditioning is a must.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Iron Shirt is similar to iron palm except that its designed so you can take a pounding on the torso and not go down. Without some form of conditioning, this is a soft spot that could make the decision in a fight. Sit-ups are normally enough conditioning but if you want to go that bit extra go for Iron Shirt Training.

With Iron Palm we train our hands to be strong so when they hit targets they don't break our hands. The energy is transferred into the target not back into the hand. Your hands feel like Iron hammers and are much more effective in a fight. I find finger press-up really help with this.

I understand that Iron shirt training includes relaxed muscle conditioning. i am a bit cautious about this as I wonder what it does internally?
    Thanks

Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, Hand Folded Japanese and Chinese Swords including Katana, Jian, Dao, Qiang (spear)
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk

Education Centre & Forum for Bladed Weaponry.
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk/forums/

Chinese Sword Society UK
    http://www.chineseswordsocietyuk.com