Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy mid autumn festival

Thumbs up Chinese moon festival

Anyone here, celebrate the mid-autumn festival? I've celebrated once before with friends, and this will be my second time. (Yeah I know it's already past) but I'll be celebrating with friends on Oct. 1 Looking forward to great Chinese cooking!

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Boy, you sure are gullible, Ryu! They can't see the moon in China! China is on the other side of the earth, and the moon is above the USA. They didn't even know about the moon until they started coming to the west. They thought Marco Polo was crazy, talking about the moon.

Man, some people just don't have any common sense.

:
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

LMAO @ CSN

Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Ryu. Could you please tell me what the word "urasai" means? Thank you.

Thumbs up

already been answered.

I can translate it into mandarin if you'd like, by the way.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

My girlfriend gave me a couple of moon cakes if that counts for anything. The moon bits are a bit weird, but the rest of the cake was very tasty.
    Last edited by wooha; 09-26-2002 at 06:53 AM.

had a couple of moon cakes too....
    (I love mooncakes)
    __________________________________________________ __________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I love moon cakes! We just got a new brand that doesn't have as much of the egg and more sweet filling. As a gwailo, my tastebuds are not used to eating a dry egg yolky center. I also eat an entire cake in one shot-great when downed with milk, while everyone else cuts tiny portions off,"just for taste". Then again, when I drink espresso, I ask for it in a normal cup,and "not one of them sissy-boy teacups"-um, I might also add, when partaking of sake at the local sushi bar, I usually end up at the end of the night with what appears to be a miniture bowling alley on the bar.

To be honest I actually like the center. Last year I was trying my dammdest to make them from scratch too..... I only ended up having to have my friend snatch the dough away from me and do it right.

This year will be better! I swear it.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

Stacey Guest

When is the moon festival?

Anyone know when it is this year?

when the moon is right. And the time comes to pass... Then and only then will the moon festival be held.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

*Whooosh*. Is that the sound of the moon festival flying past?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

September 21, 2002 missed it.

Stacey Guest
    oh well, thanx for the info

Er, what is the moon festival?!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan