Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sex and Chi

Its a muscle, like any other, it needs regular exercise, but not so much it gets over trained.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Some People React Differently.
    I Wont Go Near My Wife The Day Before Class...if I Do My Legs Shake Horribly During Stances And They Are Weak For Everything Else And I Feel Off.
    My Friend Has Laughed At Me For Years As He Enjoys Relations Up To The Day Of Class And He Says That He Cannot Tell The Difference One Way Or The Other. I Never Liked Him.
    Certain Chi Kung Exercises Like Iron Body, Shirt Or Vest Whatever You'd Like To Call It Requires You To Abstain The First 100 Days.
    Sw

The Married Guy Who Asked What Sex Was Made Me Chuckle!!!!

I find no humour in this

Quote Originally Posted by stonewarrior67 View Post
    Some People React Differently.
    I Wont Go Near My Wife The Day Before Class...if I Do My Legs Shake Horribly During Stances And They Are Weak For Everything Else And I Feel Off.
    My Friend Has Laughed At Me For Years As He Enjoys Relations Up To The Day Of Class And He Says That He Cannot Tell The Difference One Way Or The Other. I Never Liked Him.
    Certain Chi Kung Exercises Like Iron Body, Shirt Or Vest Whatever You'd Like To Call It Requires You To Abstain The First 100 Days.
    Sw

Is this a title?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I find no humour in this
    as another married man I can say me niether
    Bless you

Fu Pow splits the difference and just gets snowballed...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Is this a title?
    ROFL!

BTW, I'm married and we still have great sex!

As for the sex before a fight thing, of course everybody's different!
    With me it's a time thing. I always feel sleepy in the afternoon between 3:30-4:30 so if we bump uglies then I'm really ****ed!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I`ve never noticed a difference one way or the other when fighting. But in Chi Kung circles I`ve always heard the the sexual release temporarily weakened the kidneys and lower back (which is strengthened by the kidneys). I didn`t buy into until I started Iron Palm training and had to abstain for the first 100 days. Lower back pain that had bothered me pretty much constantly for years disappeared almost overnight.

Silly me, I thought as a newlywed I`d be getting it more often. When theory meets reality the results are never pretty. (SIGH)

Lots of different people do different things for this one. I'm just about to step into the cage for my first time and decided I would look up what most people do...

Turns out that sex actually increases the amount of testosterone you produce and increases the amount in your blood. I'd say that's pretty sound evidence that sex before a fight can be a good thing.

I don't think it's the sex before a fight that causes fatigue in a lot of cases... I think it's the being up all night partying before a fight that does it
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Does anyone know of the old chi exercise where you exchange chi with your partner by having intercourse? I remember reading something about this a long time ago but don't remember the specifics of it other than you exchange chi while having sex.

there was actually somehting about this on discovery health the other day and they said that there is no conclusive evidence to prove that sex beforehand diminishes performance. however, i am in the no hanky panky before competing mindset as well. it might be psychosomatic but i do notice a difference in both my energy level and the endurance in my legs. but even if it is psychosomatic it doesnt change that i experience them adn it effects my performance. good thing i am married so i dont have to worry about it .

eat, drink, sex, rest/sleep, fight -- everything in moderation.

to know the chi or leg strength before and after

just assume a low horse stance--

you would know the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    there was actually somehting about this on discovery health the other day and they said that there is no conclusive evidence to prove that sex beforehand diminishes performance. however, i am in the no hanky panky before competing mindset as well. it might be psychosomatic but i do notice a difference in both my energy level and the endurance in my legs. but even if it is psychosomatic it doesnt change that i experience them adn it effects my performance. good thing i am married so i dont have to worry about it .
    I would think that a little hank panky with the wife/GF/significant other, woudl be just fine, as compared to an all out Caligula-like orgy, which many not be in ones best interest

So If I (a woman) have sex before a fight I will be receiveing "chi" and can actually fight better...right?:
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Are you the same taichimantis from the dragons list?