Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu (and other Martial Arts) Tattoos

:)

gene,

sure, I like looking at tattoos no matter what they are, good or bad so I'd be down.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Food for thought

I was told recently before i got a sleeve and shoulder tattoo of a Japanese Yakuza Looking dragon holding onto the pearl. I added the character for Dao inside pearl. The dragon is the keeper of the dao and im a daoist so i like the tattoo i got, also dragon represents alot of other spirital things for me.

Anyway i was told by an old chinese guy that people shouldnt get dragon or dieties on the body because they will be cursed and will walk the earth as a wandering ghost after u die.

FT

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    here's a pic of mine.

while it doesn't exactly have a traditional kung fu meaning (well, maybe for bagua) it is totally MY kung fu tattoo.

Gene, if you decide to do this I'll get someone else to take a pic so it's more square in the frame.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Not a kung fu tat...

... but it is a "marial arts" tat. Sort of...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

I read an article on the internet years ago about getting kanji or Chinese character tattoos. It said to get someone who is familiar with how the character looks, and made special mention of the "white space" or something in the character, like the little streaks of white that are left in the character from the brush. I don't remember exactly.

And then there were the articles about the girls who asked for the kanji for "girl power" or something and instead got "I'm a wh0re" in kanji from a disgruntled Japanese tattoo artist who was sick of white people getting kanji tattoos.

But see if you can find that article about the white space. I think it gave the Japanese name for that term but I can't recall it off the top of my head. Sorry.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Chinese tattoos

Here's one of my favorites - an oldy but a goody - The Chinese tattoo prank
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

a warning to be careful what you put on

I've heard some pretty interesting stories regarding tattoos since my uncles are all cops.

In a nut shell they have had manyy incidents where people, (asian and not) beat the crap out of someone who either had on a tattoo similar to their organization or (especially in asian circles) it was insulting to them

just food for thought, really enjoy the Chinese Character tattoos that make Asians laugh

kung fu tattoos

Just wondered if any one had any tattoos relating to martial arts. What are they of? What was the reason behind it – eg support for your club/looked nice/or more of a spiritual connection.

I have my given generation name in caligraphy down my arm done by sik yi wong the old fashion with ink, bamboo and a mallet... hurt like hell and took 5 hours for each character
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

5 hours each - thats heavy going!

Would love to try a traditional tattoo but would want somone really good to do it. I heard it hurts less than the machine and heals easier due to it not being a needle dragging across the skin but being tapped instead. Maybe they were wrong then!

all my ink is done by me in the traditional way.

I sport 4 tattos that all have only personal meaning to me. I'll likely get them professionally redoe in the next year or so. They're fading after more than 25 years!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Had mine done the traditional way, took days. Pain was minimal and worth the result.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    anyone have Tiger and Dragon on their forearms? And if you do, which is on which arm?

Blog Entries
    all my tattoo's are martial arts related.

on my left forearm is hung sing choy lee fut in chinese. on both insides of my forerams are the hung sing branches couplets, on my chest is my branches name in chinese, i have a dragon on my right forearm, the monkey king on my right shoulder, and a tiger on my left one.

all of these are connected to my gung fu style and that's my one true love.
    while most like to watch football and baseball, i like martial arts related shows like ufc and the like.

Blog Entries
    ten,

left shoulder is my tiger, right forearm is my dragon. wathching both is my monkey king who all surround the hung sing name on my chest.