Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu (and other Martial Arts) Tattoos

one of my training buddies has a symbol of every oart he's trained in tatted on his body somewhere. I am planning to get one - a big one - across my back, but it'll be expensive, and likely painful. I talked about it on a thread a few months back, but it will be a capoeirista fighting a thai boxer in a roda of fire. (I train thai boxing, my kid does capoeira and I do classes with him) In the background a judoka and a kung fu guy will be watching the match, representing two other styles I've trained in. I considered putting a karate guy in the background as well, but it will be hard to tell him from the judoka, as would a bjj guy.

I talked to a guy about it and he really wants to do it. either that or he wants to do one of goku fighting majin buu (he knows I'm an anime fan)
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I have a naked ninja lady on my back with only her mask on and some nacho chips covering her special parts. and next to her is a can of cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I have the Chinese characters for "Crane-Fist" on my righ forearm and the characters for "Martial Arts" on my left forearm. I wanted them for years and feel they give me a "connection" to my art.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

im thinking of getting adora tattooed on me somewheres.

nothing makes you train harder than having a daughter.
    where's my beer?

More than i thought!

I am planning on getting the hung kuen 5 animals in a sumi-e style grey shading on my back soon.

Hopefully it will look good. Not too concerened about the pain as i have to already and one was on my stomach - my first - which hurt like hell - especially when it hit my ribs and belly button.

Wink

Lookin at gettin a full piece from the knee to the ankle of the 5 animals, a tiger lashing out at a retreating crane on the outer side, a snake wrapped around a leopard that's biting deep into the snake on the inner side, and a dragon wrapped allthroughout as the background to the whole thing, with it's head ending at the tip of the knee and the tail at the back of the ankle.

Gonna be expensive as crap with all the lines and color I'm gonna need. The last artist I talked to estimated 15 hours chair time for the whole shebang.

Nothing like a pain over a long period of time for something you love.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

I have a tiger on my right shoulder and a dragon on my left shoulder, but they're big and move down my arm 'til their claws stretch out on my forearms. Very painful on the back of the arm. Make a friend who is a tattoo artist, you get deals!

Show off your MA tattoos !

I got a tat last night after Mr Quervo convinced me it would be a good idea...

Turns out he was right... I'll post it when I find my invisible usb cable.

Let's see'em !

no tats here, but looking forward to seeing the work you got!

I commissioned an incredible piece. I paid a very famous comic book artist, Tim Sale, to do a 10 animal mural for me (cost me $3500). It ended up being a full back piece, with the dragon and the snake running down either arm. I brought the extremely intricate work to a NYC tatoo artist. He worked it up and told me the work would take 60 hours black and white, and another 100 hours if i wanted color, since it was so detailed. It was to cost me $3K, half up front, half upon completion. We set the appointment to start, and I dropped $1500. The day comes, he rubs my back with alcohol, and starts...a minute later he stops and says "something wrong with the needle, hold ont". He changes the needle and begins again..turns out my iron body is so advanced, the needle could not penetrate my skin. I was out $5K!
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I commissioned an incredible piece. I paid a very famous comic book artist, Tim Sale, to do a 10 animal mural for me (cost me $3500). It ended up being a full back piece, with the dragon and the snake running down either arm. I brought the extremely intricate work to a NYC tatoo artist. He worked it up and told me the work would take 60 hours black and white, and another 100 hours if i wanted color, since it was so detailed. It was to cost me $3K, half up front, half upon completion. We set the appointment to start, and I dropped $1500. The day comes, he rubs my back with alcohol, and starts...a minute later he stops and says "something wrong with the needle, hold ont". He changes the needle and begins again..turns out my iron body is so advanced, the needle could not penetrate my skin. I was out $5K!
    I can't tell for sure if you're joking or not.

What constitutes a Martial Arts Tattoo?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I commissioned an incredible piece.

Here's how his tattoo turned out...

Guess yo mamma slapped him good

Good thing the spelling was easy.................

And his right arm was upside down
    I'll burn both sides of a bridge while standing in the middle to prove the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Here's how his tattoo turned out...
    It's a tad redundant, doncha think? LOL......in case you didn't see it on either shoulder, forearm, at the navel, or between his pecs, they call him "Mr. Cool Ice."

3 things you didn't know about Mr. Ice:

When he's working out and generates a good sweat, he is constantly annoyed by people asking him if he's melting.

He once passed off/on a case of herpes by claiming it was "freezer burn".

He created the persona Mr. Ice, only becuase he couldn't afford the lettering (for some reason, N's are really expensive) to become "Mr. Nice." But he's still a nice guy, with a warm and cheerful disposition. He still can't figure out why he can't get laid with his cool fresh ink.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 09-30-2007 at 02:20 AM.