Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human Weapon/MMA Episode

Thumbs up Human Weapon/MMA Episode

Any of you guys see this episode?
    I thought it was really good.
    Lots of info from all camps.
    Plus it's got the Natural and Bas in it, what more could you ask for?
    It was cool to see Cung Le represent as well.

My fav part was watching Rico bent over, hands on knees sucking air like he was near death at the end of couple quick and light rounds with a rookie who was green as they come.

"Don't think,
    just train"

I liked the training session with Eddie Bravo, obviously it did Jason some good.
    And the session with Josh Barnett.

Good episode.

...they should have done ones on Sambo and San Da, instead of the ones on Krav Maga and MCMAP.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    I liked the training session with Eddie Bravo, obviously it did Jason some good.
    And the session with Josh Barnett.

Good episode.

...they should have done ones on Sambo and San Da, instead of the ones on Krav Maga and MCMAP.
    Let's hope they are saving those systems for future episodes.

I think it was interesting that the only place they had a real win was in the MMA venue. All the traditional matches they fought, they did not do so good.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

that's cuz they didn't want the TMA guys to lose face if they wanted to they coulda totally whooped those thai guys.

Also the earth is flat.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

One thing I got from the series, Muy Tai is a LOT tougher in Thailand, than here.

I think that what is done here in MMA is a watered down version.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    One thing I got from the series, Muy Tai is a LOT tougher in Thailand, than here.

It's the difference between training Muay Thai vs training Muay Thai, plus BJJ, plus wrestling. I thought that was obvious.

Oh, and Chambers winning an MMA fight shouldn't be too big a shock - he's got a 16-5-1 record, according to Sherdog.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCasebolt View Post
    Oh, and Chambers winning an MMA fight shouldn't be too big a shock - he's got a 16-5-1 record, according to Sherdog.
    That wasn't the suprise...the suprise was Bill doing so good against Rico.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    That wasn't the suprise...the suprise was Bill doing so good against Rico.
    Did you see Ricco? It wasn't that big a surprise.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

a watered down version of mma in the states?
    what's more hard core?
    money's there so they can afford to do full time training camps.

the difference in thai's the difference between living in a camp and training for a couple hours whenever you can make it into the gym (for a class).
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

No, Muy Tai is watered down here, not MMA. It's a much tougher art in Thailand.

For the Women:

+ = & a

No, Muy Tai is watered down here, not MMA. It's a much tougher art in Thailand.
    bull
    i've had thai coaches
    my buddies have gone to thailand to train (just this summer in fact)
    the training was the same drills
    the same training implements

if anything, the attitude's a little more relaxed because they have so much more time to train and aren't trying to fit a day's worth of training in an hour or two.
    it's definitely a different lifestyle though: sleeping at camp, waking up to go for a jog, working out for a few hours, eat, take a nap, train for a few more hours, eat, watch some tape, and go to sleep to start all over again the next day.

Old style techniques pay more in the ring btw; like that hanuman punch and spinning attacks. So if camps in the US don't teach them, it's because the techniques are harder to pull off and people need to get the basics first.

Who are the thai coaches you've been checking out to make claims that their stuff is watered down? Just curious.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

if anything, the attitude's a little more relaxed because they have so much more time to train and aren't trying to fit a day's worth of training in an hour or two.

Reply]
    Exactly, they only train it an hour or two. they will never be as good that way. Not to mention much of thier time is devoted to BJJ, which again, prevents them form EVER getting as good as the kids in Thailand who do this all day.

Who are the thai coaches you've been checking out to make claims that their stuff is watered down? Just curious.

Reply]
    None, I am watching the crap the pass off as Muy Thai in the UFC compared to what the guys in the actual live in Muy Thai camps in Thailand itself were doing.

I don't need to "Talk to coaches" to look at two athletes and see one sux, and the other is really good.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Forget it I think we have a misunderstanding.

Standup in mma is poor, that's a complaint many people who train stand up full time have been making for years.

Go see guys who fight Thai full time and then make a judgment on the level of thai in the states.