Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Human Weapon/MMA Episode

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Well he's the one that brought up the 3 kicks.

One interesting story that's happened over the past few years is Yodsenklai Fairtex.
    A few years ago Yodsenklai lost to John Wayne Parr, to which he attributed to gassing late in the fight.
    Then he started training *gasp* american style high intensity interval training that's found in most gyms in the States. He also used an American nutritionist to clean up his diet.
    A year or two goes by and he totally outclasses John Wayne Parr.
    They're due to meet up again in the Contender Asia series, which i believe is being filmed in Singapore.
    HIIT is tailored made for rounds fighting, it should be mandatory in any boxing or MT gym, even in more moderate paced sports like BJJ it would work fine also.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    HIIT is tailored made for rounds fighting, it should be mandatory in any boxing or MT gym, even in more moderate paced sports like BJJ it would work fine also.
    Word!

I think fighter conditioning is the strongest aspect of U.S., and even Russian MA programs...from Olympic boxing and wrestling, all the way down to modern MMA.
    Attributes are the foundation of any MA or sport.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    Word!

I think fighter conditioning is the strongest aspect of U.S., and even Russian MA programs...from Olympic boxing and wrestling, all the way down to modern MMA.
    Attributes are the foundation of any MA or sport.
    Reason being is that, when all else is equal, and in sport combat systems with weight classes equal is about right, conditioning wins matches.
    A bxing coach once told me the the difference between an olympic caliber boxer and pro boxer was conditioning, an amateur could very well be as good or even better than a pro for the first few rounds, after that, superiour conditioning takes over.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    meanwhile they only got the beach muscles, no bruce lee frame to their foundation at all.
    bruce lee was an ectomorph - not sure what you are getting at here. many other ectomorphs who train hard would have a similar physique. A mesomorph, being of different body type, would not look anywhere near the same, nor would an endomorph... please elaborate on this "bruce lee frame"

mastering horse stance imo is similar to the thick muscles thais get on their thighs and calves...north americans especially white people are top heavy from boxing, bench pressing and generations of sitting in chairs...
    people get top heavy when they don't train everything equally. I bench press a lot, but I also have 28.5 inch thighs - I squat a lot. that has nothing to do with horse stance training or being north american.

poor peeps don't have cars and desks...you master horse you get strong tendons at the ankle, you relax in your feet bones easier and you have more root to not get thrown on your ass when one leg is in the air...after horse you master one leg, and then hand stand etc get full core training not just the beach muscles like the average ufc wannabe do.
    with proper set up and timing you won't get thrown on your ass either...

significant amount of time in a camp is differant than fighting a lot with thai since you were shorty...real kung fu is way of life, bruce lee would hit the makiwara while eating and talkiing, yang tai chi founder would practise, sleep on an upright board, fall off practise and repeat, that was his life as a body gaurd, always on gaurd...thai kids have crazy stories of basics 8 hours a day 8 days a week and **** North Americans don't live like that cuz they ain't built like that, how whole culture was founded on consumerism and entertainment, not honour of the past and commitment for the future.
    bah. Anything is a way of life if you are serious about it. even guys with "beach muscles" it takes A LOT of work to get where they are. I wasn't born with 29 inch thighs - I have been working out for years. that makes it a way of life, no?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    bruce lee was an ectomorph - not sure what you are getting at here. many other ectomorphs who train hard would have a similar physique. A mesomorph, being of different body type, would not look anywhere near the same, nor would an endomorph... please elaborate on this "bruce lee frame"

people get top heavy when they don't train everything equally. I bench press a lot, but I also have 28.5 inch thighs - I squat a lot. that has nothing to do with horse stance training or being north american.

with proper set up and timing you won't get thrown on your ass either...

bah. Anything is a way of life if you are serious about it. even guys with "beach muscles" it takes A LOT of work to get where they are. I wasn't born with 29 inch thighs - I have been working out for years. that makes it a way of life, no?

i don't know you so i can't speak on you...samkor has better kicks than the big guy porkchop posted...the big guy has huge legs...i would rather have samkors nimblesness...maybe the big guy should do less lmuscle building and practise his whipping technique...the average guy learns muay thai and after a lil bit thinks he is good cuz he hits the bag with force similar to muay thai champs...that is because he is twice as big as them, but nowhere as nimble...big is only good for one explosion...as soon as samkor hits he is building force for the next hit before he even sets for it...that takes a lot of time practising the pull back or follow through aspect....most guys don't even get to that level, they get good at execution and than lift weights and get big and feel they are ready to fight....but they don't look as good as samkor...if they are fighting i'm guessing it is to get paid...so look as good as you can, makes sence, no...

bruce lee frame is wiry streetfighter frame...most people don't have it....i'll take my wiry frame and hard bones over beach muscles any day...wiry frame and hard bones stay with you when you are old...it's more work to maintain beachmuscles and beach muscles are useless as there is always gonna be someone bigger...you gotta be as fast as you can and hope buddy isn't on gaurd...besides that buy a gun

again i haven't seen your kicks but i'm guessing you are not as nimble as jackie chan who mastered horse stance when he was twelve along with hand stand and one leg stance on pillars,...bet you he has better balance than you and his kicks look slicker...your not a multimillion dollar action star where peeps pay you to be slick.
    Last edited by diego; 10-13-2007 at 04:55 PM.

i don't know you so i can't speak on you...samkor has better kicks than the big guy porkchop posted...the big guy has huge legs...i would rather have samkors nimblesness...maybe the big guy should do less lmuscle building and practise his whipping technique...the average guy learns muay thai and after a lil bit thinks he is good cuz he hits the bag with force similar to muay thai champs...
    that in itself has nothing to do with size. that is in the big guy's training methods. big guys can be very nimble. Ever watch tyson in his prime?

big is only good for one explosion...
    that is false.

as soon as samkor hits he is building force for the next hit before he even sets for it...that takes a lot of time practising the pull back or follow through aspect....most guys don't even get to that level, they get good at execution and than lift weights and get big and feel they are ready to fight....but they don't look as good as samkor...if they are fighting i'm guessing it is to get paid...so look as good as you can, makes sence, no...
    you get paid for fighting, not for looking like a fighter. if we were talking about wwe, then I would agree with you on that. the difference in skill level you mentioned is due to his training, not his size.

bruce lee frame is wiry streetfighter frame...most people don't have it....i'll take my wiry frame and hard bones over beach muscles any day...
    it's not a streetfighter frame - it's an ectomorph frame. It means he was lanky and had a fast metabolism. no more, no less.

wiry frame and hard bones stay with you when you are old...
    all bones get brittle with age. muscle can stay as long as you maintain it, though it is harder with age. I used to work out with a guy who at age 67 could still bench press 275...

it's more work to maintain beachmuscles
    as opposed to what? muscle is muscle and it all takes work to maintain. the work is habit. the diet is really the hard part.

and beach muscles are useless as there is always gonna be someone bigger...you gotta be as fast as you can and hope buddy isn't on gaurd...besides that buy a gun
    big guy with speed vs little guy with speed... force = MASS x acceleration. What does that mean? the big guy hits harder if there speed is equal or close to equal. that is why fighting has weight classes. A punch from a heavyweight boxer will change a featherweight's world. Why? He has more mass and hits harder.

Being big and being a bodybuilder are two different things, which you may not realize.

again i haven't seen your kicks but i'm guessing you are not as nimble as jackie chan who mastered horse stance when he was twelve along with hand stand and one leg stance on pillars,...bet you he has better balance than you and his kicks look slicker...your not a multimillion dollar action star where peeps pay you to be slick.
    meh. jackie has been training longer than me. what about samo hung? he has always been a big guy. Nah, bad example... you would try to say his horse stance made him nimble. what about cro cop? or, if we stick to movies, what about gary daniels? He was a light heavyweight kickboxer before he started movies, so he had some size and was fairly nimble.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

that in itself has nothing to do with size. that is in the big guy's training methods. big guys can be very nimble. Ever watch tyson in his prime?

that is false.

you get paid for fighting, not for looking like a fighter. if we were talking about wwe, then I would agree with you on that. the difference in skill level you mentioned is due to his training, not his size.

it's not a streetfighter frame - it's an ectomorph frame. It means he was lanky and had a fast metabolism. no more, no less.

all bones get brittle with age. muscle can stay as long as you maintain it, though it is harder with age. I used to work out with a guy who at age 67 could still bench press 275...

as opposed to what? muscle is muscle and it all takes work to maintain. the work is habit. the diet is really the hard part.

big guy with speed vs little guy with speed... force = MASS x acceleration. What does that mean? the big guy hits harder if there speed is equal or close to equal. that is why fighting has weight classes. A punch from a heavyweight boxer will change a featherweight's world. Why? He has more mass and hits harder.

Being big and being a bodybuilder are two different things, which you may not realize.

meh. jackie has been training longer than me. what about samo hung? he has always been a big guy. Nah, bad example... you would try to say his horse stance made him nimble. what about cro cop? or, if we stick to movies, what about gary daniels? He was a light heavyweight kickboxer before he started movies, so he had some size and was fairly nimble.
    tyson was top heavy in his prime his ankles are mad skinny he couldn't kick for **** compared to a samkor...he doesn't have the frame

abel had a better lower frame than anthony in that fight...anthony has really big upper body and neck skinny chicken leges for his frame...able's upperbody was wack compared to jackies iron wire build, but anthony had a hard time pushing able off his base...able actually punched him down

i don't work on horse stance, but i'm going to cuz i'm at that point...i've been doing crane stance work since 1998...when i was lifting weights as a teen i was athletic but not nimble like the classic orientals...now i am nimble and mad bigger than any kung fu master or thai champ or japanese karate sensei...i have iron wire streetfighter constructionworker frame...do construction for ten years wearing steel toes walking thirty flights of stairs every day hugging 500 pounds to your body you get a good horses stance ie you are more nimble than the average north american beach muscle training sports athlete!...and you prolly hit harder...good kung fu form gives you that tone you get doing construction...all the constant contraction in motion, flexibility on one side/weight training on the other from constantly being soft and hard at the same time etc, the average north american sport training methods don't do that. If you train your form religiously and it is good form you will be hard until you die, **** i cured bronchitis doing my crane basics in the air, imagine when i master the form...weight training doesn't even have those qualities.

everyone needs some resistance training we all know that...my kajukenbohop gar forms give you a full bodybuilding exercise for the major muscles used in fighting...been doing it now i'm nimble and my kicks are sweet for a lanky white boy...thai's do reps of their footwork and kicks and knees and they build that lower base...a construction worker does his thing hard for ten years and he gets that lower base training needed to be nimble...kung fu masters standing still in every position and running fast in every fighting position and he gets a full body base training....wrestlers get a good base wrestling in that low horse stance plane but that don't go up much except for throwing so there kic ks wouldn't be that nimble...there punches would be aight cuz they have such heavy upper frame and good at exploding...it's up to the individual to compete...if you don't have that base you are not repping martial art....usually those types that compete are just natural streetfighters and athletes...if you don't get that base you look like **** and i'm not gonna buy your dvd highlights for $49.99

i'm talking reality not training theories...people asked how is able not a real kung fu guy...he didn't rep my kung fu cuz he isn't built like the kung fu standards...jackie chan is traditionally trained since shorty he sets the standard for kung fu conditioning...bruce lee's fire and ambition sets the bar for attitude, unfortunatly kung fu is **** in the west and mad masters have been killed in china for 400 years so we don't have reps like the thai's do....funny to me that thai was the only asian culture to not get ****ed by colonialists and they still have their real martial art...karate is wack kung fu is wack and we all know what the foriegn powers did to them...is that a coincidence....something i think about!.

if able had jackies iron wire upper body build and worked on his rolling basics, he coulda had a better shot at anthony...able has a horse stance base so he kept ant off him and drove some hard shots to ant's cranium as ant mentioned...if able had jackie's iron wire he wouldn't have gassed...or at least been more nimble to roll lightly on his ear

tyson was top heavy in his prime his ankles are mad skinny he couldn't kick for **** compared to a samkor...he doesn't have the frame
    1. tyson wasn't top heavy. you gotta think about this one though... Look at the tremendous punching power he has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZ2roRDPYU

you CANNOT punch as hard as he did with a weak base. his quads and calves were quite strong. As far as kicking, who cares in his case? boxers don't kick. Samkor couldn't punch harder than tyson.

i don't work on horse stance, but i'm going to cuz i'm at that point...i've been doing crane stance work since 1998...when i was lifting weights as a teen i was athletic but not nimble like the classic orientals...now i am nimble and mad bigger than any kung fu master or thai champ or japanese karate sensei...
    that was due to training wrong on your part. Describe these workouts you did when you were a teen.

i have iron wire streetfighter constructionworker frame...do construction for ten years wearing steel toes walking thirty flights of stairs every day hugging 500 pounds to your body you get a good horses stance ie you are more nimble than the average north american beach muscle training sports athlete!...and you prolly hit harder...
    once again, you are wrong in your assumption. a guy being big doesn't equate to him being a body builder.

good kung fu form gives you that tone you get doing construction...
    "tone" is nothing more than residual tension in a relaxed muscle. kind of odd, considering many cma guys talk about how bad tension is...

all the constant contraction in motion, flexibility on one side/weight training on the other from constantly being soft and hard at the same time etc, the average north american sport training methods don't do that.
    you REALLY sure about that? you may wanna check into that more.

If you train your form religiously and it is good form you will be hard until you die, **** i cured bronchitis doing my crane basics in the air, imagine when i master the form...weight training doesn't even have those qualities.
    I no longer have asthma. Kung fu didn't cure me...

wrestlers get a good base wrestling in that low horse stance plane but that don't go up much except for throwing so there kic ks wouldn't be that nimble...there punches would be aight cuz they have such heavy upper frame and good at exploding...
    I am surprised to hear a CMA guy say that. ROOT is what gives him strong punches. possibly not root in the same sense as you guys mystify it up to be, but it's all in coneection to the ground. If tyson was hoisted in the air and I was on the ground, I could hit harder than him because he would have no root.

funny to me that thai was the only asian culture to not get ****ed by colonialists and they still have their real martial art...karate is wack kung fu is wack and we all know what the foriegn powers did to them...is that a coincidence....something i think about!.
    what about burma, cambodia and malaysia? indonesia? the phillipines? there is more to asia than just china, japan and korea...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

1. tyson wasn't top heavy. you gotta think about this one though... Look at the tremendous punching power he has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZ2roRDPYU

you CANNOT punch as hard as he did with a weak base. his quads and calves were quite strong. As far as kicking, who cares in his case? boxers don't kick. Samkor couldn't punch harder than tyson.

that was due to training wrong on your part. Describe these workouts you did when you were a teen.

once again, you are wrong in your assumption. a guy being big doesn't equate to him being a body builder.

"tone" is nothing more than residual tension in a relaxed muscle. kind of odd, considering many cma guys talk about how bad tension is...

you REALLY sure about that? you may wanna check into that more.

I no longer have asthma. Kung fu didn't cure me...

I am surprised to hear a CMA guy say that. ROOT is what gives him strong punches. possibly not root in the same sense as you guys mystify it up to be, but it's all in coneection to the ground. If tyson was hoisted in the air and I was on the ground, I could hit harder than him because he would have no root.

what about burma, cambodia and malaysia? indonesia? the phillipines? there is more to asia than just china, japan and korea...
    dude you're lighting candles lol...i had chronic bronchitis for five months...couldn't stand the penicillin, musta took it 6 differant times...three months out of 5 i was on penicillen...i quit working and did my crane basics fulltime...the bronchitis is still there but i can control it at will now, and i smoke mad green...**** does your asthma relate to my reality of chi healing?.

i played basketball, lifted weights, got in rumbles with the natives, wrestled with my boys, boxed with my brother and cousin...now i got good jing from crane style chi training so i'm more nimble.

dude you're lighting candles lol...i had chronic bronchitis for five months...couldn't stand the penicillin, musta took it 6 differant times...three months out of 5 i was on penicillen...i quit working and did my crane basics fulltime...the bronchitis is still there but i can control it at will now, and i smoke mad green...**** does your asthma relate to my reality of chi healing?.
    I suppose it can. I was taking various meds and at one time had to get 17 shots in my stomach from a really bad attack. you had it for a few months, I had it for years...

i played basketball, lifted weights, got in rumbles with the natives, wrestled with my boys, boxed with my brother and cousin...now i got good jing from crane style chi training so i'm more nimble.
    which is fine and good, but that is not the only way to obtain that, nor is that any guarantee that you are more nimble than a judoka who powerlifts.

out of that whole post the only thing you replied to was my sentence about asthma??

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I suppose it can. I was taking various meds and at one time had to get 17 shots in my stomach from a really bad attack. you had it for a few months, I had it for years...

which is fine and good, but that is not the only way to obtain that, nor is that any guarantee that you are more nimble than a judoka who powerlifts.

out of that whole post the only thing you replied to was my sentence about asthma??
    i never said there is only one way...i said mad peeps don't do the hard way...all my posts relate to my impression of buddy at the beach who i described in the first post, and it all relates to the fact that people lack traditional training in the west in general...it's false advertising

if i say muay thai beats every asian stand up art you would join up, but most don't get to a samkor level of real muay thai...i see athlete kids at the reccenter posing there elbows like a ufc champ but they have no base and they are working elbow form....i see the mass consumption of muay thai as on par with the lack of fighting skills with tcma's. I question the reality of marketing real muay thai in a western market...boxing and judo dudes get hurt....by accident right, he didn't break his fall and tore something hanging on, or in boxing he dropped his gaurd and buddy hit his sweet spot so you get the medic...thai boxing fuq you think is going to happen if you grab his neck and elbow his temple...blood is coming out of mouths on the regular...that is a ghettoe art at its highest level and i feel wholeheartedly that if you claim you do mt and don't fight like samkor does than you just as corney as the mass of modern kung fu men not promoting ****...why you wanna go and promote not what is just to build a rep.

so yeah that's my point the mass don't dance like the orientals do...i mean **** even if china stepped they **** up they all too small to be built to mess with one of our tysons or rampage jacksons, unless they super golden steel roid up like Bolo...so the average big guy thinks ah these guys are small it's not that serious i'll just do some basics and my weight will carry me through...it's the differance between scrapping and fighting, you scrap to lose or win usually it is ego driven such as a purse or rep is involved you fight to compete onsome technical ****...most dudes is scrappers...teach a scrapper to dance like how ali outshines his peers and it's on like donkey kong.

matt hughes is who i used as referance for wrestlers prolly have good base, all that upper body strength wouldn't take long to convert into driving punching power...it's not hard to touch somebody...i'd like to see the mass do three proper tornadoe kicks as meant to be practised...dudes just ain't got the back for that unless you grew up flipping **** mad acrobatic.

I'll get back to some of your ideas later.1
    Last edited by diego; 10-16-2007 at 08:51 PM.