Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Shaw Brothers movies?

OK, I thought maybe you were talking about Chu Tiet Wo's character. When you say he was resurrected, what movie was this character in before?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Jethro:
    I *think* Hong Kong Playboys was possibly Maggie Cheung's fist movie appearance. It also starred Cherie Chung, who I think was hotter back then than Maggie Cheung was. It also co-starred that goofy guy...don't know his name, who appeared in some other comedies and Last Hero in China. I liked the chemistry in this one, not to mention it was Fu Sheng's last fully completed movie appearance, finished before 8 Diagram Pole Fighter. It came out the year he died.

mickey:
    By "resurrection of Lei Kung", did you mean by the fact that the character in Legendary Weapons resurrected his deteriorated kung fu skills back up to an elite level and rediscovered his true purpose?

Hello Jimbo,

Yes. And it includes Lei Kung's burial under a false identity. The metaphysical subtexts that, at times, appear in Chinese martial arts movies can be quite amazing.

"The Resurrection of Lei Kung" would make a great title for a Legendary Weapons of China remake.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 10-02-2007 at 05:23 PM.