Thread: on a lighter note

on a lighter note

I seek enlightenment through chi power bundled in my buddha palm..
    my sifu opened his hands so I could take a glance at an universe of galactical greatness..my wude will make my kung fu ancestors proud in heaven...

these are words and sentences copied and pasted together I read on different forums...ok,some words I added

now I just practise and teach hung gar kuen and I believe in it .. everything is there..period

BUT

its 2007 and not the ming dynasty and sometimes I wonder what some people think
    sometimes its no wonder that we cma peeps gets bashed around on forums..

to me anyway Im bad at theoretical stuff..i can count to 100 in cantonese,can say swear words and know a few terms..but i dont know the name of wong fei hungs mother in law from his second wife etc. who cares anyway...

actually I was just enlightened..Forums should be just for trolling,bashing,flaming,telling lies,boasting,bragging,getting on others tits,telling fake stories..

seriously though..look at boxing matches from 1920s,the famous cma fight of macao it all looked weird..if there were more recordings from old fights u still wouldnt find anything flashy..our grandmasters today would be beaten up easily by average street fighters etc. so are boxer,wrestler and barflys..
    so nothing WRONG with keeping shieet up with the present time

ok rambling over..

carry on with whatever u did...

Last edited by Laukarbo; 09-29-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo View Post
    I seek enlightenment through chi powder bundled in my buddha palm..

Chi powder?

Ahh, so THATS where the energy comes from.

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Chi powder?

Ahh, so THATS where the energy comes from.

j/k
    yeah, I hear those mountain mystics in columbia are hardcore !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

now I just practise and teach hung gar kuen and I believe in it .. everything is there..period
    ---
    our grandmasters today would be beaten up easily by average street fighters etc. so are boxer,wrestler and barflys..
    how can you "believe" in your style if you think the grandmasters would be beaten up EASILY by the average street fighter Why the hell do you practice martial arts if you believe that?

its 2007 and not the ming dynasty
    You take that back!
    FAN CHING FU MING! FAN CHING FU MING!

Quote Originally Posted by street_fighter View Post
    how can you "believe" in your style if you think the grandmasters would be beaten up EASILY by the average street fighter Why the hell do you practice martial arts if you believe that?
    i guess it's for for fun or vanity, yeh it seem rude to make comments about the "art" you practice.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by street_fighter View Post

cos time changed... a horse and carriage would also lose a race against a middle class car

cos time changed... a horse and carriage would also lose a race against a middle class car

daaymn..now I feel like a fortune cookie

ok nevermind, misunderstood your post. try using some punctuation next time

seriously though..look at boxing matches from 1920s,the famous cma fight of macao it all looked weird..if there were more recordings from old fights u still wouldnt find anything flashy..our grandmasters today would be beaten up easily by average street fighters etc. so are boxer,wrestler and barflys..
    You should check out some of the old clips where the readjusted the speed with video editing on the old boxing fights before the 1940s. Some of them were actually pretty darn good.

Dempsey Sparring "Big" Bill Tate If anyone doubts dempsey could survive in today's era, look at his sparring partner- bigger than Lennox Lewis or Wladimir Klitschko & not slow.
    Sam Langford
    Paolino Uzcudun -vs- Harry Wills 1927 (BTW- ignore the write up, there was no way wills had a chance against Dempsey if he got blown out badly the year after the scheduled bout and again a year after that against fighters dempsey beat.)
    Kid Chocolate -vs- Battling Battalino 1930
    Jess Willard -vs- Frank Moran 1916 (So much for old time heavyweights being smaller- 6'1 205 vs 6'6 259 - willard fights a lot like Vitali Klitschko)
    Benny Leonard vs Lew Tendler
    Jack Dempsey vs Luis Firpo 1923 I really like the training scenes.
    Luis Firpo vs Bill Brennan 1923 Twelfth round
    John L Sullivan showing how bareknucklers really fought.

Looking at boxing, some of it doesn't make sense to our eyes now- ie. the low boxing guard of the bare knuckle era. But one look at some of that footage (sullivan) and you can see how it works- the hands were not held statically, lots of feints were used, targets were opened as bait to slip & create an opening for a haymaker. If you also consider the takedowns that used to be legal in bare knuckle boxing, you can understand the lower hands and the wider base.

Maybe some day, if enough video doesn't survive, they'll wonder how people ever fought out of a Philly Shell or a crab defense - two boxing styles that seem to fly in the face of the basic "gloves by your chin" rules people follow.

I honestly think some of the transmission may have been lost when it comes to kung fu; or at least so far underground that average practitioners have a hard time visualizing how it's supposed to be used.

Not saying nobody can use it, but that the people who can use it need to do more to put their stuff out there so the community at large can see what it should look like.
    Last edited by Pork Chop; 10-01-2007 at 11:32 AM.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting