Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13 regiments- tsui hark potienial come back?

It is called Seven Warriors. I haven't seen it, but I am going to have to after seeing the cast. Adam Cheng, JAcky Cheung, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Ben Lam, Lo Lieh, Kuo Chui, Sammo, and Max Mok.

I just found a clip. It looks pretty good, but unfortunately it seems that this is a pretty rare movie. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7bDRqJx3nPE
    Last edited by jethro; 10-03-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Only the earliest parts of Seven Swords is even remotely like Seven Samurai, it's true. When they save Martial Village. After that, wildly different.

The TV show is great, especially when it gets to the part where there's a disciple of the Bride with White Hair.

Yeah Ada Choi was the best part of the show for me. Her role was great, and she is one hell of an actress. She is also the most beautiful woman in the world
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

I'm always excited to see what Tsui has in the works -- I agree that Seven Swordsman might not have lived up to the hype but it wasn't as bad as some made it out to be either.

Not to derail this thread any more, but in light of the comparisons made to the Kurosawa masterpiece Seven Samurai, I'd be interested to see what Gene and the rest of you thought of the 1960 Hollywood western The Magnificent Seven which was a tribute/remake of sorts and featured quite a few of the stars of the day, including Yul Brynner, Charles Bronson, Steve Mcqueen, James Coburn, Robert Vaughan, etc. Personally, I thought it was a better-than-average Western, but in that genre, I still prefer Clint Eastwood's classics.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com