Thread: Kung Fu Tournaments in Texas

Kung Fu Tournaments in Texas

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was a website that lists all of the upcoming kung fu tournaments in Texas. I knew about the Taiji Legacy, Houston International, and the AAU tournaments, but, I was wondering if there were others. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I asked this question a few months back. Only found the one you mentioned.

There are a lot of open tournaments around though with crappy point sparring and karate guys yelling at every move on their forms.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Don't forget about the Austin Martial Arts Festival:

http://amafest.org/

There are a lot of open tournaments around though with crappy point sparring and karate guys yelling at every move on their forms.
    Yeah, I know. The AOK seems like they have one every other weekend or at least one every month.

Too bad kung fu tournaments arent like that.

HEY and WILLIE is sponsoring the austin MA Fest. TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

AOK and all of the KArate types can do that. Look at how many Karate / TaeKwonDo schools and teachers there are in each city....

And then look at how many Chinese Martial Arts schools there are.

Now you COULD have a CMA event all of the time if you were willing to have anyone officiate. The old "Will all black belts please come to the admin table" method of getting your officals and judges.