Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting from scratch :(

25 miles? That's nuts. Really, if it's classes at university that's keeping you from 'professional teaching', practice with your clasmates on your own till spots open up. That won't be for what, a few months? You guys know something about it, so you can watch 2 people fight and make suggestions.

Yeah,it's too far away to be training there regularly.

I have a better picture of what is going on now with my teacher and it looks as though he won't be quitting completely (fingers crossed). I was just pretty upset last week at the thought of classes ending and really don't want to have to go somewhere else as I think I would struggle to find a club I like as much as my current one.

A few of us are getting together at the park tomorrow for some training if the weather holds up. Outdoor training with the English weather system can be interesting

Well ,my situation hasn't improved too much as my normal classes have stopped while my teacher finds a new venue. I'm still training when I can with a couple of the fellas and.......................

I started MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    Well ,my situation hasn't improved too much as my normal classes have stopped while my teacher finds a new venue. I'm still training when I can with a couple of the fellas and.......................

I started MMA.

That's good. Gives you a place to test your Kung Fu out to see what works best for you. Also you'll get to train the different ranges.
    Good luck to you.

It is really good actually, and interestingly one of my teachers studied kung fu- immediately showed us an application of one of our moves in getting someone to the ground

It also seems I am more confident at groundwork,possibly ,than my stand up. We'll see how it goes anyway as it's hard to tell after such a short time.
    Last edited by Su Lin; 02-12-2008 at 08:25 AM.

if you really like your current teacher, you may stick with him or her, no matter what.

things may always come/turn around.

I'm hoping so

Starting over is easy I've done it several times, no big deal. And you're never really starting over from scratch.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Hi people

The exact same thing has just happened to me. My sifu does run other classes but they are too far away (I travelled 2 hours to my last one).

I really dont want to train in anything other than mantis so I am basically biding my time in a hope that he might restart the class.

I live in london so there isn't a lack of places to practice. As this is the case I am basically reworking to perfection everything that I know.

I think that this is a feesible option if you have gathered enough material over the last 3 years.

Also you could join a muay thai club or something simular just to keep the sparring/partner work up.

Craig