I have been studying Lau Gar in the UK for nearly 3 years now and have generally loved it,had an excellent teacher and started with 3/4 classes each week.There has always been a good club dynamic,have made some great friends and have achieved things I really didn't have a clue about when I started.

Recently my teacher has been changing the class,and hasn't been able to make a decision about how many classes to do and has talked about either quitting classes completely or giving us private sessions .After me worrying for a while about this he announced last week that everything would carry on as normal with the 2 sessions,which I was hugely relieved about.However,last night only 6 of us turned up to class and at the end he announced that he was finishing the class on a Monday because of numbers.

He said he doesn't want the class to big but then finishes it when he have a quiet night. This now means I just have 1 training session a week and I really don't think it's enough.Yes I can do my own training but its coming up to winter and trying to get a venue for a few of us is too hard. He has said he will do private sessions but I don't want to,both financially and out pf principal really.

Thing is there aren't many kung fu clubs around.There is a Hung Gar club about 25 miles away and a "Northern Shaolin" club the same distance,but it seems a bit vague.The Hung club looks ok so I may check it out.

Thing is the thought of starting another style from scratch scares me a bit. I know I now have the basics and the last few years haven't been wasted but I just feel completely deflated and pretty disillusioned right now.My teacher is a great guy and I completely understand he has a job and other commitments,but I don't know,I just feel pretty crap right now.

Moan over.