Thread: How do you train?

Hybrid View

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12

How do you train?

When your training or working out do you listen to music? If so what is your favorite music or song to workout to?

For me I like classic rock like AC/DC, Metalica, or Guns n' Roses. Of course the old classic soundtrack from the ROCKY movie is kind of motivating as well. These songs get me fired up and energized, ready to work out.

Metalica, Helmet, Rhamstein (sp?) Joe Satriani for starters.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Hip hop and dancehall are definitely some of the easiest stuff to work out to.

As far as rock goes, tend to stick to:
    hatebreed, AC/DC, disturbed, chevelle, linkin park, dropkick murphys, social distortion, metallica, the loud rocks cd (rock versions of hip hop songs), ministry, killswitch engage, godsmack, system of a down, and a few others.

I seem to find a lot of muay thai coaches who like working out to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. They're not bad, but definitely not my thing workout music-wise.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Iron Maiden....lol. Thats to funny. I like Judas Priest though. Some others I like is Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, and KISS. They are all up beat. I have some friends that like working out to N' Synk and Brittny Spears and 98 Degrees and bands like that. I just want to gag when I hear that crap. They tell me its up lifting and positive energy from it. I think its crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    ....I have some friends that like working out to N' Synk and Brittny Spears and 98 Degrees and bands like that. I just want to gag when I hear that crap. They tell me its up lifting and positive energy from it. I think its crap.
    Those bands make your Testosterone levels drop and are therefore to be avoided like the plague (and yellow snow).
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I agree 100%.