Thread: Tanglang seminar in Finland

Tanglang seminar in Finland

I'll post this here too.

Well, summer is long gone, but due to scheduling problems this seminar was this year held in September. In the future, we will go back to early-mid June, and we will stay there.

Everything is relative. When it says "advanced students", it means students who have practiced 2-3 years. Tapani and I have studied Tanglang the longest in Finland, and we began in June 2004. So, there is advanced and there is "advanced"....

Our Shifu is Sławomir Milczarek, and his annual seminar in Finland is the highlight of the year for us, along with our annual trip to Poland. Not only is he a great teacher, he truly is a goodhearted person. It is always a pleasure just to be around him. Some of our guys who saw him for the first time said they were expecting someone less friendly only because of his position.

(small - medium - large = day - month - year) (military time y'all have to know by now)

Jiben Gong, Zhan Zhuang, and Taolu are not mentioned as they belong to (almost) every training anyway.

Wed 12.9.
    Shifu arrives in Helsinki around 22:00. Paavo picks him up.

Thu 13.9.
    Travel to Tampere.
    Training 18:00-19:30 with advanced students in Tampere (about 6). Good drills with a partner.

Fri 14.9.
    Training at Nääshalli with the same guys 10:00-12:00. Good Bakao.

Training 18:30-20:00 at Nääshalli. Now the advanced students from Helsinki showed up. Good partner drills again. About 10 people altogether.

Sat 15.9.
    11:30-13:30 at Nääshalli with the advanced students from all four Tanglang cities: Tampere, Turku, Helsinki, and Pori. At the end of this session, the first two roads of Wu Shi Liu Taolu were introduced and practiced. About 15 people.

13:30-15:00 belt exams for 5 people. 4 new green belts, 1 new blue belt (these were celebrated later that night...).
    - our belts go like this

15:30-16:30 More training. Now emphasizing Shuai Fa.

Sun 16.9.
    Dinner at the famous Plevna and movies.

Mon 17.9.
    11:30-13:30 at Nääshalli with advanced students from Tampere again. Lots of partner drills.

17:00-18:30 open training for all mantids. Four students from Pori (1½ hours from Tampere) participated. About 20 people.

Tue 18.9.
    13:30-15:30 with the Tampere advanced crew again. Hitting the pads a lot.

15:30-16:00 belt exam for 1 person. 1 new blue belt (celebration followed...).

Wed 19.9.
    China in Tampere

Thu 20.9.
    Travel to Helsinki.
    19:30-21:30 open training to all mantids at Liikuntamylly (no website; Tampere beats Helsinki again! ), Helsinki. About 20 people.

Fri 21.9.
    Open seminar to all mantids at Metsäpirtti, Tuusula (close to Helsinki).
    18:30-20:30. Lots of line drills and partner drills. One very good Bufa exercise, new to all of us. By about 20:15 it was so dark we were relying on reflexes. Cool!
    About 30 people.

Sauna.

Sat 22.9.
    14:00-15:45 at Tuusulan Tenniskeskus due to some rain earlier. Bakao and partner drills.

17:30-19:30 at Metsäpirtti. Line drills and partner exercises.

Sauna.

Sun 23.9.
    12:00-14:00 more line and partner drills. One new power exercise, really nice. Long session with Taolu with Shifu pointing out mistakes for everyone.

Sauna.

Mon 24.9.
    Shifu flies home tired; one month in Yantai, then one weekend with the Polish crew outside of Warszawa, then to Finland for almost two weeks. Tough.

Shifu, thank You!!
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Aren't you guys excited.

Anywho, it's our Shifu's b-day tomorrow, so here's a public toast to him!

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Jack Daniels

Mika, JD distillery is located about an hour from my home, how lucky I am! The single barrel is the best and what I use for gifts for friends and teachers. Oh yes and a nice fat red envelope for my teacher on his birthday. I really enjoyed the photos and video of your seminar, great training space!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"